Taverna Vetta Columbus MS project

Marcevo1

Dirt Disciple
I've been looking for something retro to go with my modern 'plastic' colnago...

Looked at colnago masters etc and decided that they were a) overpriced b) not that well built c) a lot of them about

So I've been looking at smaller italian builders with history.

Vetta fitted the bill - as did a deal on eBay via best offer!

Clearly a bit of a project... Needs paint and I really can't decide on modern campy or retro?

Anyone seen columbus ms lugs like these?

Hopefully these will link ok (not that up to speed posting photos)

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u240 ... ction=view¤t=7B3A90D7-4096-4719-BC51-45C4588DFC17-465-000001331B3B52E0.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,541
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,538
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,539
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,541
Love the fork and lug detailing :cool:

What's the plan paint wise, matching the standard or something new, homage perhaps?

elPedro666":1ggkf4sq said:
Love the fork and lug detailing :cool:

What's the plan paint wise, matching the standard or something new, homage perhaps?

unsure to be honest - not too struck on the original colours but i'll see if tehy grow on me and get it touched up probably (surface rust on teh top tube)

I used to have a pearl dark pink harry hall (way back) done similar to the old pinarello advert

http://www.lejog4amr.co.uk/images/monte ... d-1985.jpg

looked really nice with fancy lugwork highlighted in white but again fancy something different

current paint doesn't really highlight the lug detail or shapes - really undecided. Frame should e with me in a weeks time (coming via austria)

bright red or white are being considered

See what you're saying re hiding the lugs :| like the link, very pretty!

Never know how different things will appear in te flesh though, have to wait and see, exciting! :LOL:

Replacement decals sorted - emailed Antonio Taverna direct today and he's kindly got back to me already to provide replacements :)

if you need a good company to do the re-finish, get in touch with C&G finishes in Liverpool, theyre superb.

SNight":p0w01xuj said:
if you need a good company to do the re-finish, get in touch with C&G finishes in Liverpool, theyre superb.

Have you added them to the recommended painters thread? :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just had word back from vetta - no charge for the decals! What a top bloke!

Next task is finding a suitable nice looking 25mm dia seat post... Without breaking the bank!

Latest posts

Back