Koga Miyata Gran Racer

IanSmalley

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just bought a Koga Miyata Gran Racer of ebay.

Not picked it up yet but will update with photos when I have.

Can any body give me any info as to the model i.e. low- mid or high range?

Ian

Elev12k is your resident expert but I've had a few older Gran Racer's.

I'd put them mid range in the line up, looks like yours has 105sc group (?), probably FM2 tubing. Very nice bikes Koga's build quality and ride is right up there with the best of them, I think you're going to enjoy that purchase very much, especially at that price....

Thanks Tel, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Will update with some nice pictures. Cost the previous owner £400 second hand 2 years ago .......

Now does the Raleigh have to go????????

It is 1994 or 1995 modelyear bike. All catalogues are available on the Koga website, so you can view it there :) It is an entry level offering, but it wasn't exactly cheap. Koga doesn't do cheap bikes. Nice tubing for the frame.

IanSmalley":2785j5jk said:
Thanks Tel, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Will update with some nice pictures. Cost the previous owner £400 second hand 2 years ago .......

Now does the Raleigh have to go????????

It's a nice bike but whether it is as nice as your Raleigh is going to be debatable....

In honesty even two years ago £400 was too much. If I was to have this bike in my possession I'd be looking to sell it for about £100 more than you paid. With a tidy, some pictures that didn't make it look pink (unless it is pink of course), the offer of postage and a better description I'm sure it would have realised atleast that.

Look forward to seeing some better pictures.

Don't think this as ever seen rain in its whole life!

It needs bar tape, new tyres (or tubs?) front brake cable.

Attachments

• Koga 016.JPG
    Koga 016.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 1,746
Back