Giant CFR Pro series - completed pics on pg3

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The postman just called; time for my first skinny-wheeler in about fifteen years!

Now for the T-cut... :cool:
20130107_125044.jpg

Welcome back! :cool:

Should clean up nicely. Love the wishbone seat stays on those Giant frames. Whats the build plan?

Tel":2mly7983 said:
Welcome back! :cool:

Should clean up nicely. Love the wishbone seat stays on those Giant frames. Whats the build plan?

Get it done ASAP and get some miles in! Afraid it won't be anything special but there's a bag of pretty nice Campag bits here, so going with that, Mavic MA6, maybe Cinelli stem and bars...

Had planned 105 with a smattering of DA, but wheels and shifters were about to kill my wallet when HarryCrumb kindly sorted me out with the Campy bits!

If it's anything like all my other builds it'll change weekly anyway :roll:

:LOL:

And thank you :D hopefully I'll make it out on a couple of the new national series rides this year...

I'm sure it will evolve into what it needs to be. Alloy frame and carbon forks right?

For some reason Shimano seems right on this build but hell yeah you can't beat a bit of good ole Campag. Modernish or retro? How long till you get some more pictures up!? :D

Tel":3461gl42 said:
I'm sure it will evolve it what it needs to be. Alloy frame and carbon forks right?

For some reason Shimano seems right on this build but hell yeah you can't beat a bit of good ole Campag. Modernish or retro? How long till you get some more pictures up!? :D

Carbon tubes bonded into ally lugs :cool: something that always intrigued me...

You're right on Shimano seeming right :? but the cost of ergos and wheels, plus eagerness to get it done kills the idea for now... Can definitely see it in the future though! ;)

Hopefully get a little done today, figure out what I'm short of...

Oh yes I see the "Composite" sticker now, I can never recall the Giant model names....

I seem to recall having a Giant Cadex (it's actually getting to the point now that I cannot recall which bikes have passed through my hands, is that due to number or age!?), anyhow I do like the old bonded and composite frames, the stepping stone between traditional welded and modern monocoque.

It's now T-cut to within an inch of it's decals, and the headset is clean and freshly greased, ditto BB threads. Headset ois lovely and smooth - it had arrived nipped up tight but thank goodness it can't have been ridden like that! I wonder if it was a cunning ploy to stop it spinning in the box while it was posted ... although on reflection I imagine not as he didn't space the drop outs as I requested, so probably wouldn't have done up the headset either :roll:

Busy day tomorrow but I've found some car wax at the bottom of a big box, so I might have a go with that on Thursday - never gone to such trouble before :eek:

The two things I've found missing, so to speak, so far are a front mech (need a Campy braze-on) and a different stem. I really need a 1" quill (22.2mm) with a front loading 25.4mm bar clamp (for switching to TT bars, if I ever do). I know they exist, but only just...

If I have to I'll go with a normal stem and if necessary shim, but it'd be nice to have it right first time...

Very excited so far, and fired up finish my 'crosser as well now, if only I had the space :oops:

Yes, that's the one!
http://www.velosolo.co.uk/shopbar.html

Need a shim as well though, starts to get expensive ... that said it's a lovely thing and I think would sit really well with the shapes of the lugs... :oops:

So tempted ... reckon I'll crack tomorrow afternoon and order one! :LOL:

Must start a sale thread!

Back