legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, another one from the tip of wonder.

1950's. Lost most of its original bits but does have the rather funky GB 'Super Hood' levers and Cyclo shifter.

The rest is from some old Peugeot or Raleigh.

The paint is rubbish but solid - yellow looks to be the original colour. I will repaint the headbadge and do some gold lug lining.

Anymore for anymore? Sturmey Archer gearing? Cyclo?

I do have a nice 1950's Campagnolo mech and some early Schwalbe 27" tyres. Probably have this running by tomorrow!

coventry_eagle_1_131.jpg

Tel on 2nd thoughts change colour as grey just does not look good unless its a battle ship , so nice bright colour and a nice stronglight crankset , new tan wall tyres and hey presto a great daily workhorse is born

quicky rebuild with stuff solely from the tip:

Triplex rear mech
Stronglight chainset
26.2mm post
Huret shifter
Schwalbe tyres

Attachments

• exemplar rebuild.jpg
    exemplar rebuild.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 1,257
I'm to lazy to start a new build thread at the moment so here is my effort.

After buying this a few months back from legrandefromage and riding it about for a bit, the rebuild is now well under way. The build requirement was cheep, shiny and a bit loud. Candy apple green, gold and shiny parts fit seem to fit the bill. :roll:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10422799/

004.JPG

An xmas card for you, Midlife- My SR-Royal chainset. Had it for 35 years. 'Super Recordised', deanodised, spider/crank stress-relieved and polished, mostly over 30 years ago. Sorry, no drillium, but a bit of filium and hacksawium. Still using the crank extractor that came with it, too, although the BB is long-gone.

sorry-back to Coventry Eagle! :)

Back