Flandria 1978 Campagnolo Nuovo Record

Flandria

Retro Guru
Hello everyone, I'm happy to share my 1978 Flandria road bike. It's completely fitted with Campagnolo Nuovo Record and the bike is in a very nice shape. The original paint and components looks brand new. This bike as always been stored in very good conditions and hasn't seen much roads in his 35 year old life. And I'm gonna keep it like this, as i'm pretty sure its quite unique to have a legendary bike like this in this condition.

I had the opportunity to buy it a week ago for a reasonable price and didn't hesitate to buy it for a second. I'm the third owner now, both of the previous owners are bike mechanics so it's in excellent condition.

I still have another Flandria in restoration, but since it isn't as top end as this one and the frame is just to small for me, i'm gonna sell it once finished.

Looking forward to take this one for a small ride in spring, when the weather is better!

The specs:

Frame: Ishiwata CrMo 022 Super Tubing, size 60

Fork: Ishiwata CrMo 022 Super Tubing

Headset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Stem: 3TTT
Handlebar: 3TTT Competitzione
Bar Tape: ? (new)

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Super Record
Brake Cables: Campagnolo

Shifters: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Pat. 78
Derailleur Cables: Campagnolo
Cassette: Maillard 6 speed
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Chainrings: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Pedals: Campagnolo Nuovo Record

Rims: ? No label, someone any idea?
Hubs: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tubes: Schwalbe Montello

Saddle: Cinelli Unicanitor
Seatpost: Campagnolo Nuovo Record

aabsif.jpg

e69mht.jpg

24vijqg.jpg

154ek9s.jpg

10ngolj.jpg

ayn1tw.jpg

11qqxe9.jpg

2977dy.jpg

14ctx8j.jpg

2w6v2o8.jpg

294gkd0.jpg

2cscsp3.jpg

nedc08.jpg

5koxl1.jpg

2ms12fc.jpg

a3tbs.jpg

53mn4i.jpg

i383yb.jpg

Sorry for spelling mistakes, i'm not a native speaker :)

Welcome! Thats is very nice indeed, just what I needed this morning after trying to work! I love the decals and paint on this bike. Campyoldy will sell you a brand new set of boxed campag steel toeclips for it for £20 here is a link http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/ How much did you pay for it?

very nice, do you have a pic of the whole freddy maertens sticker? i think 76 is the year he won paris -nice ?

@Doubledee: The paint is great indeed, and just now I see the red looks a bit 'burned' on the pictures, probably because i resized them before uploading! I paid 530 GBP for the bike, which i think isn't a bad price? Either way, when i saw the bike that I loved in this shape and in exactly my size (60), i didn't hesitated. I'm a penny saving student and it's a lot of money, but I'll see it as an investment and eat my bread and water with pleasure while staring at my bike :).

And thanks about the info on the toeclip, might purchase them in the future. But since i'll have to save some money again, i'll have to do it with some new Cristophe toeclips from zefal and two custom made red leather straps :)

@matthew71: I'm not home at the moment so can't take a picture. The decal is some kind of a 'tribute' to Freddy's glorious years of '75 and 76'. The upper part in the Belgian colours refers to his victory in the championship of Belgium in '76. The 1976 in the rainbow colours refer to his world championship title in '76. The lower part and the 47,995 center part refer to his victory in Paris-Brussels in 1975, where he took the 'Ruban Jaune' (more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruban_Jaune). The sticker says 47,995 km/h, but other sources say 46,110 km/h). I have no idea about which one is correct, anyone?

£530 that is a fine investment, its worth probably double that! Make sure you ride it...only on nice sunny days mind you. You will get lots of admiring looks enjoy!

Wow, thats a fine bike. Looks to be in great condition? What work will you be doing to it? Doesn't look like it needs much.

Nice.

I saw a similar one in not so good condition for sale a few weeks ago. I was gutted that I could not afford it.

It looks in really good condition and oozes heritage.

Yes.. Nice to see a Nuovo Record equipped bike with no Super-ness about it, not so much as a chainring... just for a change!

I like your bike, but 100 people are too polite to mention that your headset is not Nuovo Record, and your front derailleur may be a Nuovo Gransport... I don't think that takes anything away from your bike, just saying... because you listed them as Nuovo Record.

Regarding your rims... they have no labels, but they may still bear the ghostly outline of the label(s), which could help to identify them. I think I can see this outline in the rear derailleur photo (twelfth pic.)... over to the rim expert.. (which ain't me!)

Blimey that takes me back to my youth................it has lasted the years in much better nick than I have :)

I wonder when campag introduced the non-stabby curved skewers, coated brake guides and domed brake QR?

Nice :D

Shaun

Back