Peugeot Course PFN10 with Vitus 172 frame

Logan1475

Dirt Disciple
My Peugeot PFN10 with Vitus 172, Perrin Maillard Peugeot Competition hubs, drilled Stronglight 104, Simplex, Suede Selle SR Saddle...

Attachments

• PFN10.jpg
    PFN10.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 4,585
  • PFN10 Crank.jpg
    PFN10 Crank.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 4,585
  • PFN10 bars.jpg
    PFN10 bars.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4,585
  • PFN10 Frame.jpg
    PFN10 Frame.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 4,585
nice nice nice

one of the older boys at school had one very similar, always loved the chequered flag decals.

what year is it from?

Hi, Thanks for the compliments on the bike.

I think the bike is 1982. Have a catalogue scan but the sepc shown is slightly different. The Catologue model doesnt show the chromed fork ends and crowns.

The guy I bought the frame from said it had been in a loft in Belgium since the 80's. The orignal back wheel was trashed. I have the front one which is a Mavic Speciale Sport rim on an old logo Atom hub. I looked for ages to try and find a matching rear but in the end came up with these wheels which are Perrin Maillard hubs laced to New Mavic open pros.
Bike is otherwise oringinal except I changed the Stronglight 104 crank rings for drilled ones as I liked the look of them :D

I really need to sort out that bar tape/cloth as well its been bugging me for ages!

Attachments

• 1982nl_14.jpg
    1982nl_14.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 4,471
Additional, seatpost is not original to bike but is a Laprade from another Peugeot (A competition PKN10E)

Original seatpost was chrome

Yes, I am self confessed Peugeot Geek!

toomski":i87zk57w said:
More likely its an '80 / '81 bike
I agree. Can recall that I wanted to buy this or a Koga Miyata at that time. By the way, the front fork is chromed, which is not the case on the one in the (Dutch) folder.

Back