Gios Torino Super Record

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, I already had the woolen Brooklyn jersey so it seemed only sensible to pretend I was a taller, tubbier, much less talented Roger De Vlaeminck and get myself a Gios Torino Super Record. And here it is, complete with drilled dropouts and coins on the tops of the fork crown. Goes without saying that the photos are rubbish but it was dark and I was a bit excited.

GiosSuperRecord.jpg

GiosTorino.jpg

GiosHeadOnOutside.jpg

GiosRearView.jpg

64 cm frame
Chainset: Campagolo Super Record 52x42
GiosChainset.jpg

Bottom bracket: Campagnolo Record
Head set: Campagnolo Record
Rear mech: Campagnolo Super Record
GiosRearMech.jpg

Front mech: Campagnolo Super Record, braze on
Calipers: Campagnolo Record
Seat post: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Wheels: Mavic SPECIAL SERVICE des COURSES on Campagnolo Super Record
Pedals: Campagnolo Super Record
Bars: 3t shallow drop
Stem: 3t 14cm
Saddle: Brooks Professional

Unridden so far and I suspect that the saddle needs to come down an inch or so. Plus I need to 'unstick' the stuck stem. Does feel light for such a big frame though.

Trvia time - De Vlaeminck is one of only three riders to win all the Monuments in their career. Who are the other two?

New to me that Columbus supplied materials for gates ;)

Nice Gios, 'Roger'.

The detailing is lovely on this beauty

When is the maiden outing Ed? :D

That's interesting.. I see you are a cross-cabler, but not a southpaw.
Very nice. Those fork-crown coins are an acquired taste, though... :) :)

Nice find! looks very good nick and some nice detailing in the build too!

Regarding winning the monuments - I know one was Merckx but without cheating on google, I'm unsure of the third..but most likely a Belgium?

Thats a very fine machine indeed, where did you get it from? Im actually growing some Roger De V sideburns as a left over from Movember! hope you like the picture of Roger in Paris Roubaix attached

Attachments

• RogerDeV.jpg
    RogerDeV.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,579
Elev12k":hxzx19y2 said:
New to me that Columbus supplied materials for gates ;)
As a Dutchman I knew that you'd have a keen appreciation of the finer points of a bike for the taller gentleman.

daj":hxzx19y2 said:
When is the maiden outing Ed? :D
Although seeing it mud spattered is very tempting, not while the roads near me are so covered in filth I think. Probably would also make sense not to be riding 30 year old tubs either.

tarloone":hxzx19y2 said:
Regarding winning the monuments - I know one was Merckx but without cheating on google, I'm unsure of the third..but most likely a Belgium?
It is indeed a 'Belgium' - but which one?

Doubledee":hxzx19y2 said:
Thats a very fine machine indeed, where did you get it from?
Thanks, I got it from Turin, arrived last week. Thanks also for the top photo of RdV in the Arenberg, one for the Edwards archives I think.

it's a beauty, and definitely to be admired indoors until the conditions improve...

I know who that other Belgium is, but only because I cheated/googled :LOL:

Here's a couple of daylight pictures - light may be better but photographic skills remain resolutely poor.

PC080069.jpg

PC080068.jpg

PC080070.jpg

Stem still to be moved and may require some fairly physical intervention although hopefully it can be saved.

Back