Rossin SL Early 1980's

Doubledee

rBotM Winner
Hi All
First post here. Just built this last month
Rossin Columbus SL 52cm c/c
Full Campag Super Record circa 1979 except bb, thats Record , the toeclips are NOS steel campag record too, and the pedals are steel axle.
Wheels are camapg chorus with regina superlegerra 7 speed freewheel campag omega strada's , sedis sliver chain, oh and the brake lever hoods are replica.
Ignore the crap cinelli tape finish, I've since replaced with black insulation tape as anyone from that era always did!
Its rides very tight and is super responsive even with cheap tubs, the brakes are excellent if a bit either on or off, not much modulation. I would have raced one like this if I could have afforded it when I was young, but instead had a Hill Special with shimano 600![/img]

Attachments

• Rossin1.JPG
    Rossin1.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 3,003
  • Rossin2.JPG
    Rossin2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 3,003
  • Rossin3.JPG
    Rossin3.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 3,003
This is a site for top class, quality bikes. A Rossin doesn't fit that bill at all...

Good lad! Although, did Stevie Wonder put the black retaining tape on the bars??

Now where's that Bottecchia....

Sheffield":1ubvxw1x said:
This is a site for top class, quality bikes. A Rossin doesn't fit that bill at all...

Good lad! Although, did Stevie Wonder put the black retaining tape on the bars??

Now where's that Bottecchia....

Thanks Phil! I'll post the Bottechia later on as the frame only with headset and BB, and update as I build it

Thanks for the comments. I didnt intend to build this bike initially, it started when I was sourcing a c record rear mech for my 1991 Bottechia SLX build (I'll post that soon as it awaiting a 1R stem) and the guy also had a 1979 super record rear mech so I bought both! Only issue is that one of the rivets was replaced by a tiny bolt, its a clean repair but I've got a spare rivet but havent got it fitted, any advice would be appreciated on how to fit it. A few more trips to ebay and a few old mates sheds and voila! I'll be riding this plenty when its dry, too good not to.

Lovely, continental brake cables too?! LH front :cool:

Hope there's a few more inches of seat post in the frame!! :shock:

love Rossins...

bikenut2010":377hfv6r said:
Lovely, continental brake cables too?! LH front :cool:

Hope there's a few more inches of seat post in the frame!! :shock:

love Rossins...

Yep about 2cm to the limit line! I always used ride front brake left so I had more stopping power turning right in traffic. Also I think the old campag brakes wire up better that way round. Caught your post on my other bike you've got me looking for CDA deltas now!

Back