1965 holdsworth rolling rebuild

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
Heres my 1965 holdsworth frame and fork numbered 65115k, making it a 1965 model destined as a stock model, however since I can't find any other holdsworths the same I am assuming its a bit special (well in my house). The different items are chromed lugs, fastback stays, barbers pole paint and rare simplex dropouts, even the paint is a very deep rich colour.
I have had the bike in bits for some time slowly working my way through it, but I needed to get out on it, so once I had the frame cleaned up,the bb and headset fitted i put it back together. There's a few parts that need removing and giving a good polishing, but I like the idea of doing a rolling refurb which gave me the opportunity to get a quick 20 miles in at the weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 936
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 932
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 930
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 929
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 927
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 924
That's pretty special in my book too.. and good to know it's still being ridden. It always warms my heart to see some Mafacs.. even with Campag. levers.. :) I miss 'em.

torqueless":2yiazsas said:
That's pretty special in my book too.. and good to know it's still being ridden. It always warms my heart to see some Mafacs.. even with Campag. levers.. :) I miss 'em.
If I lived in the neighboorhood I would swap the Campagnolo's for some 1970 Mafacs levers, which I have. :D

But indeed, Mafac and Universal '60/'70 brakes are awesom.

5km71d.jpg
[/img]

Oh wow! Thats rather nice. Can we have a full spec sheet please?

Are they 700c wheels on there, tubs I'm guessing. Clearance on the rear is very large.

Most obvious need for replacement is the saddle! A nice tan Brookes would be the obvious choice of course.

Looking forward to seeing this progressing.

Yes... but one advantage of a 'skirtless' saddle like this is that you can get to those two pesky bolts on a Record seatpin without having to turn the spanner over every 1/12th revolution! A skirtless Brooks would be my choice. Is that called a 'Swallow'?

Latest posts

Back