Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:28 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

You mean on the brake? I thought that I noticed it does not have a logo but thought that it was my blurry vision. On the point of the logos though I did find it a little disappointing that, with all the attention to detail on the bike, each of them are not up the right way....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am 
PoTM Winner
PoTM Winner

Tel wrote:
You mean on the brake? I thought that I noticed it does not have a logo but thought that it was my blurry vision. On the point of the logos though I did find it a little disappointing that, with all the attention to detail on the bike, each of them are not up the right way....

It's not your eyes, the rear one is a replica I had made by a friend.

The rear arches had the 50th logoed one missing and replaced be a SR domed nut.

I either had to buy another set of arches just for the nut or do what I did and get my mate to make one and then I painted the recess in gold. I'm pretty happy with it as a solution and like the fact I had it made rather than just threw money at the problem.

With regards getting the logos all the same way up. The pedal ones are upright when the pedals are, the crank ones oviously go round and round, the one on the rear mech is almost vertical ... but the one on the front brake really annoyed me, its position is set by the threads. The only way I can get it vertical is to over tighten it to a point where the calipers dont return after braking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

That is beautiful although I am beginning to regret finding this forum as I am getting no work done and am imagining numerous future projects involving Campagnolo rather than what I should be thinking about :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Montello wrote:
Tel wrote:

It's not your eyes, the rear one is a replica I had made by a friend.

The rear arches had the 50th logoed one missing and replaced be a SR domed nut.

I either had to buy another set of arches just for the nut or do what I did and get my mate to make one and then I painted the recess in gold. I'm pretty happy with it as a solution and like the fact I had it made rather than just threw money at the problem.

With regards getting the logos all the same way up. The pedal ones are upright when the pedals are, the crank ones oviously go round and round, the one on the rear mech is almost vertical ... but the one on the front brake really annoyed me, its position is set by the threads. The only way I can get it vertical is to over tighten it to a point where the calipers dont return after braking.

Try putting another thin washer on the front brake, this may allow the brake to be set up with the logo in a more upright position... If you really were that bothered!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 pm 
PoTM Winner
PoTM Winner

I fear this is all getting out of hand ...

I now have some footware to ride this in :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 am 
Dirt Disciple

Simply stunning!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 am 
PoTM Winner
PoTM Winner

Well I have made further addition ... I have had a repro made of the 50th decal

See http://www.lejog4amr.co.uk/pinarello/ca ... cker.shtml

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Another stunning feature - this is a very aspirational build to show what can be done with time, effort and finances.

Richard

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 pm 
PoTM Winner
PoTM Winner

TGR wrote:
Another stunning feature - this is a very aspirational build to show what can be done with time, effort and finances.

Richard

I think if you spend the time searching out bargains and buying bits that then assemble into groups how much can be saved.

I have kept a record of every penny spend on this project and believe I am still well in profit (assuming I don't charge my own time).

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Time is the biggest factor - getting time to work at it, waiting time for things to get done and time is a factor when buying - the sooner you need it/want it the more expensive it will be. It really is a great bike.

Richard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next