Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 pm 
Old School Grand Master

It's a 58cm frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

What we need is some before and after shots:

I'd be overwhelmed if someone spent so much time and effort on such a thoughtful gift. You're a star :D

*EDIT* Just pondering what a great son you are and thinking that to complete the gift I'd print out the pictures that you have posted here and put them into a photo album (he may need reminding just how bad the bike was). Then present it to him with the bike, a sort of this is your bikes transformation record, like those old classic cars you see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am 
Old School Grand Master

Thank you for your kind words but I'm a step ahead of you on the suggestion :wink: Indeed, anyone who's posted on here will feature in the little brochure that I'm putting together as part of the teaser before the Rapide is unveiled. TGR has been a gent and PDF'ed the handbook that came with the model and that will feature.

So if you'd like to get some clean (as possible) good wishes for my Dad then now's the time. I'll be printing the thread at the end of next week.

Thanks also for the before and after shots, it highlights how much I need to adjust the bars :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:04 pm 
Retro Guru

been following your thread for a while, just re-looked and you deserve a round of applause for that - amazing job and how many man hours??

hope the weathers fair christmas day - take your dad out on a trip down memory lane.

nice work indeed.

TGR - come on, step on the gas, we want to see your bike on here :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I am trying, i really am ...

Maybe this weekend .. we will see

Another big 'well done' to al-onestare - the bike looks amazing!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Bravo ,bravo. That is truly great, I've really enjoyed this post and it just shows that a great bike is more than the sum or quality of its components! its all about the process and the story, that's why we do it. Your Dad should be amazed and very proud, I hope it brings back many happy memories this Christmas. You've even inspired me to do my own good deed, I'm restoring an old Claude Butler for my neighbour that's in similar condition. I'll post when its in my possession. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

C'mon al-onestare get some completely finished pics up and enter it in bike of the month. What better way to finalise the build!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
Old School Grand Master

:D Pic's will be done this weekend. When's the closing date for entries for BOTM? I've never entered one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 am 
Old School Grand Master

Here we go, I'm no David Bailey and the pictures are from my phone but I hope these come out ok. After a bit of thought thanks to the date stamps on the brakes, I've adjusted this to a 1983 model. Hopefully my Dad will remember when he purchased it when I see him and the gang on Boxing day for the exchange!

You can pick out some of the patina on the headset and on the top tube on the left hand side but all in all, she's good to go. I'm leaving the tyres as they are :lol: Thanks once again for all the kind comments and support, there's just one job left to do - but that's the easy bit :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Make sure you video the event! (Not to share on here - that would be weird - just for memories sake).

N

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next