Elswick Whirlwind value ?

argonsixar

Retro Guru
I have been asked by the wife of a recently deceased clubmate if I could find out the value of her husband's bike. Its in good nick having spent most of its life in the back of a shed. I would appreciate a finger in the air from the guys on this forum. My own guess is £40 !

22 " frame
26x 1 1/4 wheels (new tyres)
5 speed
metal mudguards
steel raleigh branded wheels
raleigh branded rear mech

Attachments

• Elswick Whilrwind LHS.jpg
    Elswick Whilrwind LHS.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,503
  • Elswick Whirlwind RHS.jpg
    Elswick Whirlwind RHS.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,502
  • close up top tube.jpg
    close up top tube.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,502
  • downtube close up.jpg
    downtube close up.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,501
thats a bargain at £40 . and if you were nearer to me i would be banging on your door with some pound notes in my hand in exchange !

appreciate the opinion. I want to suggest that she advertise it on this forum. She had it on gumtree for £10 but couldnt bear to part with it at such a low price, so I am trying to figure out what to recommend to her.

not sure it would go on here but you never know . you would improve your chances by offering to post it , boxes are normally easily sourced from Halfords or local bike shop and send it now only charge about £15 .

in fact if you did the or were prepared to do above let me know

I would like to clear £40 for the nice lady, so if you were up for paying £55 posted, I will happily sort a box out and send it to you :D

Otherwise I am just going to stick it on the LGFSS, CTC and Retro forums and see what happens. PM me if this appeals.

Back