Concorde Squadra

J8B

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

Acquired an excellent condition Columbus SLX Concorde Squadra a few weeks back and have been sourcing parts to build it up. I'm building it up for my father and will be a mix of old and new with Shimano 105 5700, RS80 wheels, quill stem, silver bars etc. Will post progress as I build it up.

Some of the auction photos:

8.png

1.png

3.png

Some more photos of the frame and fork below, but I do have a query on the seatpost bolt. Does anyone know what type of bolt these frames take? The bolt was not included with the frame and the seatpost holes look a bit different to other older frames I have seen.

P1050174.JPG

P1050175.JPG

P1050168.JPG

Very nice, J8B. What jCymbal says: a Campag bolt. I would think many generic binder bolts would be fine too.

This paint came later than the white to grey PDM ones. I think your model is shown in the book 'Competition Bicycles' by J. Heine. Kelly's bike.

Elev12k":3p3y0y1w said:
This paint came later than the white to grey PDM ones. I think your model is shown in the book 'Competition Bicycles' by J. Heine. Kelly's bike.

I was going to ask if anyone knew about the paint scheme. I haven't really seen any other Concorde's like this one. The PDM ones I have seen are the white to grey as you mention.

Put the headset (Tange Levin NJS) in last night using an improvised headset press. The cups look to be in ok, so hopefully all good :)

P1050205.JPG

P1050206.JPG

P1050209.JPG

P1050213.JPG

Back