The Olmo has landed

bugloss

Retrobike Rider
Well here we go. The latest addition to the expanding bike collection.
Please excuse the slightly shaky phone photo's

It's a 1982 Olmo Competition HF with full Super Record and Mavic OR10 32 hole rims, Cinelli 1R pantographed stem and Cinelli Criterium bars, panto, paonto and more panto of course.

It looks hardly ridden but alas the paint was damaged on the down tube in transit. :(

Lovely filed lugs which are super thin and paint filled flutes on the seat post.

It has titanium spindles on the pedals and really nice toe clips with Olmo toe straps.

Should clean up a treat and will be a great one for for my daughters to ride.

Attachments

• OLMO 063.jpg
    OLMO 063.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,532
  • OLMO 065.jpg
    OLMO 065.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,529
  • OLMO 061.jpg
    OLMO 061.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,529
  • OLMO 060.jpg
    OLMO 060.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,530
  • OLMO 051.jpg
    OLMO 051.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,530
  • OLMO 059.jpg
    OLMO 059.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,529
  • OLMO 064.jpg
    OLMO 064.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,531
  • OLMO 058.jpg
    OLMO 058.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,532
I'm not usually a fan of gold as a colour but I'll make an exception for that... Lovely bike and the pantographing is great.

Yes the seat post is 27.2 mm and has shined up a treat. The coloured flutes look really something.

I'm a sucker for pantographed parts (I guess you've realised that by now) and would like to get a panotographer and do some of my own stuff. So if you've got a spare pantographer in the shed that you don't want, I'm interested.

The Italian colours painted into the flutings along with the brand symbols on the parts are something special.

That's what sets these steel bikes apart from modern bikes you can see the craft in them, I really like to see some file marks on the lugs that show the passage of the craftsman that has made the frame.

Gold isn't really my colour either but I think there's enough silver on it to tone it down.

Thanks for the encouraging comments.

OLMO

Thats really lovely!
A real nice build and while I agree with some of the other comments about gold not really being my colour for a frame, this one carries it of beautifully. It seems to be something Olmos do well.

If this is for your daughters to ride, maybe you need to adopt a son......I'm available ;)

Jamie

Yeah well, she wants a horse but she's got an Olmo instead.

I like Olmo's better than horses and it's me that'll end up looking after the horse like I do the now large puppy! :roll:

Back