84 ALAN Sprint

mdvineng

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just finished the ALAN SPRINT frame, I bought on this site, and soon to do the first test ride. test ride completed and minor brake alignments done. A very nice but short ride as Man Utd are at home today and the roads will be carnage (400mtrs from the ground here :cry: ) first impressions are very very good though after 22yrs of indexed gears it is going to take some getting used to! :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCF0290.JPG
    DSCF0290.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,480
  • DSCF0284.JPG
    DSCF0284.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,472
  • DSCF0293.JPG
    DSCF0293.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 1,459
Hello,

Maybe you've already researched this, but Fangio is quite a well
known Belgian bike brand. They used (and still do use, I think) Alan
frames rebranded with their own logos, as well as sometimes using
steel frames.

Be interested to know how one of their bikes ended up in Manchester -
although with ebay I suppose bikes end up everywhere these days...

Johnny

well the person i bought it off thinks it may have been a team bike but as yet this is not proven, the team in question marc Fangio ecoturbo was extant jan 84 < dec 84 and this frame is "jan 84 SPRINT". It has vertical drop outs as oppsed to the usual ALAN adjustable horizontal type drop outs and it has a bottom braket set up for a Mavic system(45° chamfer) the team was also Mavic sponsored from the photos on the web databases, so it is possible this is an ex team frame but who knows, I will e-mail ALAN with the details but usually it's an English thing to record frame #'s etc. :)

Johnsqual":18p9zytj said:
Hello,

Maybe you've already researched this, but Fangio is quite a well
known Belgian bike brand. They used (and still do use, I think) Alan
frames rebranded with their own logos, as well as sometimes using
steel frames.

Be interested to know how one of their bikes ended up in Manchester -
although with ebay I suppose bikes end up everywhere these days...

Johnny
Fangio used Vitus frames for their race team. There used to be a guy in Ormskirk in the 80`s. Mike Dixon who used to import a lot of Fangio kit & part it out retail It could have been supplied by him

team frame issue for fangio 84

Hi, This photo shows an ALAN frame used for 84 but that's as much info as i can find for now.

regards
dave s :)

Attachments

• 1209580129Dernies,%20Michel.jpg
    1209580129Dernies,%20Michel.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,286
  • fangio1984.jpg
    fangio1984.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,283
just found this on ebay, now need Mavic shorts if anyone has some lying around for a 40" er :LOL:

Attachments

• MARCFANGIO.jpg
    MARCFANGIO.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,095
Finally found enough mavic ssc stuff to fit and some bling cambio rino rings, which may or may not stay.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 776
Back