Viking Allrounder Serial No. 120263

vintagehenley

Retro Newbie
Just collected a Viking Allrounder Serial No. 120263 that is in need of a good restoration!

I'm looking to convert it to a single speed lightweight commuter so if you have any thoughts or advice I'd be grateful.

The aim is to strip it down, get it powder coated and then rebuild it.

I originally thought it could be the junior model as it seems so small but it's actually the 22" (54cm) model with 27" wheels.

I really need advice on what wheels to purchase and also what I'll need in terms of BB, crank, chain, sprockets etc to convert it.

Hopefully the picture display ok!

Attachments

• Viking Allrounder Side.jpg
    Viking Allrounder Side.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 628
  • Viking Allrounder Chainset.jpg
    Viking Allrounder Chainset.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 628
That bike really looks like it's earned its patina and ought to stay as it is in my opinion. Can I encourage you to find another frame to singelespeed and leave that one intact?

Jonny69":6t63xm4x said:
That bike really looks like it's earned its patina and ought to stay as it is in my opinion. Can I encourage you to find another frame to singelespeed and leave that one intact?

x2

If you do however want it looking a little different, why not leave everything as-is but just highly polish the rims and possibly new tyres?

+1 for refurb rather than resto. Although my Viking Grand Tour wasn't as complete as yours when I got it, I've kitted it out with period parts and it rides very nicely. The brakes are a bit weak but apart from that everything works well.

Back