Olagnero

ScillySuffolk

Retro Guru
Just taken delivery of this from Tel.

I liked the look of the brake bridge and internal cable routing and also fancied something Italian.

Initial careful scraping seems to confirm what Tel thought: it's all chrome under the paint!

As it's in need of a respray anyway I'm going to get to work with the Nitromors (unless anyone has a better idea) and assuming it is all chrome I'll keep it like that.

I need to get some good clear photos of the decals done, which I'll have reproduced in red with a thin yellow surround. There are too many for my taste at the moment, so it will just have the head tube logo, seat tube decal, similar vertical lettering on the forks and Snr Olagnero's signature on the top tube.

With the Columbus decals I think this will look classy without being cluttered and show-off the chrome to it's best effect.

Groupset will be '95/'96 8 speed Campag Chorus (need a rear mech and chainset), but I'm undecided on wheels at the moment.

Fingers crossed for some shiny chrome photos in the near future...

Sounds good! Be interesting to see it all as chrome. I've never stripped a chromed frame back but guess Nitromors would be fine.

Groupset is spot on.

Oh regarding reducing the decals I think I'd have one on the downtube rather than on the seat tube.

Looking forward to watching this progress :)

Some of the chrome under the painted surfaces may not be as polished as the already bare chrome.

So just be ready to have a respray if the chrome is ruff and horrible, then again.....

I figured a decal on the seat tube would mirror those on the forks, but nothing is set in stone yet.

As Tel will testify the paint is pretty ropey, so something needs doing, but I don't have funds for a decent paintjob at present, so fingers crossed that it comes up ok.

Ha ha: sorry Tel, no progress yet.

I've been a bit busy and also just bought a Raleigh Ventura and have been swapping kit over from the old hack to the new one.

The wait makes it more exciting, no?

Back