My Peugeot Aravis (1988)

Grafix

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

In another thread I was looking for modern wheels for my Aravis and someone asked for a couple of pictures so here they are!

I still have the original wheels (MA40s and 36h 105 hubs), tyres, frame pump, bottle cage and pedals but they are not fitted at the moment. The only item lost over the years was the saddle. I changed the bar tape and brake hoods from white to black a couple of years ago - the white by that time was almost black anyway..... ;-)

Nothing on the bike has ever been restored or repainted - its got a few marks here and there but (I think!) is in amazing nick for its age. The ESGE guards and blackburn rack have been fitted from new.

I use it for an infrequent 30 mile round trip carrying one pannier - hence the rack. I do the odd 80 mile long run on it too when chance arises.

It runs like a Swiss missile :) The gears and brakes are as perfect as when it was new. It always puts a smile on my face.

I did buy a set of very light wheels for it from a forum member (Paolo) but to be honest they were SO nice when they arrived they somehow fell onto my Cannondale Six - and the Aksiums from that bike slid on to the Aravis.....

By the way - Paolo makes lovely wheels - the Cannondale sings along beautifully on them - very pleased.

Hope you guys approve of my old Peugeot!

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 850
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 849
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 850
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 849
VanhireBoys":3qes6i7g said:
A real good sleeper... !

My thoughts exactly - bet you surprise a few cyclists with carbon & lycra when you come past them with your trouser clips and your bag bungeed onto your rack!

Cheers guys.

My favourite trick is to sneakily grab a back wheel and then start a cheery conversation :)

Back