Ciocc 59cm

Jamesl94

Dirt Disciple
Morning!

I've been a bit of a lurker of this particular forum for a few months, but thought I'd introduce my project! I'm a member on London Fixed Gear, but I just find this forum a little friendlier. I just love riding bikes and talking about them!

I would like to present to you my Ciocc road frame, 59cm. I acquired this delightful piece of craftsmanship from a good friend of mine, who had this collecting dust in the corner of his shed for some years. I was drawn to the chrome like a fly to a light when I saw it in the corner. I asked if he would sell it to me, the answer was "yes", so here we are! This thing really is a peach! Believe me when I say there are no dents or scratches (other than on the dropouts from tightened wheels etc, this has been built before). I did have this on eBay to help fund my car insurance (£3000 for a 1.1ltr car...being 18 sucks at times...)

As I bought the bike frame and forks only, I am trying to build it up.
This is going to be quite a slow build over the winter, but having this thing in my bedroom just standing there looking beautiful is fine by me. This bike will be my sunday best, which will accompany my current daily beater, which is also fixed-gear. In hindsight, I should have bought a track frame to build fixed-gear, but this was too beautiful to let go.
I really don't see building this fixed-gear as a crime, due to I'm not doing anything to the frame that can halt it's future use, plus it's my bike so I can do what I like ;)

I did have this on eBay a few weeks ago, but I then took it down as I wanted to build her.

The eventual plan is to build it up with Super Record gearing, but for now I'm just going to have some fun with it.

Build: (coming soon)

.Cinelli Giro bar + stem
.Campagnolo Record headset
.Campagnolo aero post
.Rolls saddle (white)
.Campagnolo Shamal x 2

As of the other parts, I'm still deciding what I would like.

I appreciate this will not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am building this bike for maximum enjoyment, so please go easy on me building it fixed-gear!

James

P.s, thinking of bright pink risers and lime green aerospokes, what do you guys think...?

599829_359982827407046_1616092996_n.jpg

575764_355953861143276_70962516_n.jpg

376665_374612452610750_1265001787_n.jpg

It's a beautiful, tasteful, classic Italian road frame and setting it up as a fixed wheel bike seems a bit of a shame, a minor misdemeanour if you like. However, assuming you're not just playfully winding up the old gits like me on this forum, the fitting of "bright pink risers and lime green aerospokes", whatever they are, would be a heinous crime punishable by flogging at the very least. Oh and Shamals may be very trendy but I'd rather have something lighter.

I'd keep it as a tasty bedroom ornament until I'd sold the car and with the money saved on insurance buy some Campag Super Record to go on it. Only then will "maximum enjoyment" be gained by taking it out into the nearest wide open spaces to wherever you live and revelling in it's superb riding qualities as you ascend hill and dive down dale admiring the chrome shining in the sun.

Mark.

Jamesl94":2oj4ek4c said:
P.s, thinking of bright pink risers and lime green aerospokes, what do you guys think...?
Will someone shoot this guy please ? :facepalm:

Only kidding ;) I'll do it instead :shock:

Ian Raleigh":1o8mehvi said:
Jamesl94":1o8mehvi said:

Didn't you detect any sarcasm in my comment...not even a hint? ;)

Jamesl94":3bk5soi5 said:
Ian Raleigh":3bk5soi5 said:
Jamesl94":3bk5soi5 said:
Didn't you detect any sarcasm in my comment...not even a hint? ;)

You mean this bit...''plus it's my bike so I can do what I like'' :LOL:

IR

Looking forward to seeing this build. This refined, tasteful build that lets the frame speak volumes over its black and silver accoutrements.

Ian Raleigh":961r2ld9 said:
Jamesl94":961r2ld9 said:

:LOL:

OP that is a beatiful frame indeed! Stunning.

So you're going to set it up fixed for now with long term plans to run it geared?

Are the Shamals for the geared plan? Don't think I've ever seen them as track/ fixed.

Midlife":26gjyumw said:
Touch of 80's class...........looks bigger than a 52cm though :D

Shaun

Yeah looks to be about a 59cm to me ;)

"I did have this on eBay to help fund my car insurance (£3000 for a 1.1ltr car...being 18 sucks at times...)"

:shock: :shock: :shock: Ouch!

Hi all, thanks for your comments!

Refined, yes.

If I'm totally honest, I was on the hunt for a track frame but this was just too beautiful to leave. I did have thoughts of something 80's track based with all period parts. She will have front and rear brakes (campag of some sort, just not sure what!), bar-tape etc, so it will ride beautifully, so no riding brakeless!

The plan is to purchase a front Shamal and a rear at the later stage. I understand I can convert a road wheel fixed-gear, but I'm not sure if this would seem too much of a bodge job? Thoughts?

I've found this De Rosa on the net and I'd eventually like to get her like this:

7101854981_4101a32f49_b.jpg

Back