Dont laugh now will you...

naffa

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm a mtb'er at heart but I've decided to try road biking. I dont know if I'll like it as I tend to steer away from the roads when on my mtb but I thought if I could get a bike cheap enough I'd give it a go.
ANyway a guy local to me was advertising this Peugeot on facebook. He knows its a Peugeot, a badly sprayed one at that, and that its suitable for ss conversion.
It all seems to work anyway even if the front mech is a bit stiff and it needs new bar tape and headset bolt.
Heres a few pics, remember I asked you not to laugh...;~}

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

Ive recenty done the same thing with a 1984 raleigh.

They look SO odd when you plomp them next to a proper mtb.

Had mine next to my Full susser the other day and when you compare them the roady just looks so dainty, like its made from matchsticks. The handlebars feel really narrow too...

seems odd at first but im slowly coming round....

my build thread is over here btw:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=211782

biggs682":nvppv3iw said:
nathan

looks good to me and as long as you are happy then who cares what others think

Thanks you're right of course :)

Its when you get closer you see the poor preparation before it was blown over but when I'm riding it no ones gonna see that.

I havent seen pedals like the ones on it before. Do you need special shoes to ride with these and if so what are the alternatives?

DSC_0153.JPG

naffa":14f26frz said:
I havent seen pedals like the ones on it before. Do you need special shoes to ride with these and if so what are the alternatives?

DSC_0153.JPG

You would need SPD-SL shoes and cleats.

Alternative - what you use on your mtb?
:D

One thing to note, you will be able to make a SS from it, but will need a chain tensioner, fixed is a no-go on a frame with those types of rear drop out.

Ideally for fixed and SS you want a bike with horizontal drop outs, for authenticity, rear facing, but you can get away with forward facing ones.

Not really planing single sped at the moment but it is an option for the future.
Encountered my first problem this morning though cause the seat post is stuck :(

naffa":2dvfdv1p said:
Not really planing single sped at the moment but it is an option for the future.
Encountered my first problem this morning though cause the seat post is stuck :(

Nathan if you cant get it out can reccomend wardys cycles in darlo got the post out of my zinn. Only cost a fiver :)

Back