Raleigh RSP 853

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Recently bought from a forum member, this is the first road bike I have owned since I was about 14!

With the help of another forum member I have identified it as a 1999 Reynolds 853 tubed RSP frameset that most likely belonged to a member of staff, as the 853 shield and also the white label at the bottom of the seat tube were never applied.

I have made a few changes to more or less match the look of the factory produced bikes, but have also added an extra cog on the back cassette, plus matching Tiagra 4700 levers.

I was fortunate with the decals, as I was able to get scans of some originals. My son produced the artwork and Gil_M turned them into reality as well as supplying the 853 shield.

Unfortunately, I can't ride it yet, due to a recent injury to my right shoulder, but I should be good to go in a couple of weeks.

Fork: Raleigh steel curved / Fiandre (Mizuno) CF

Headset: Ritchey Fuzzy Logic ahead.
Stem: Ritchey 1 1/8” 110mm
Handlebar: Modolo
Grips: Specalized black cork.

Brakes: Shimano Tri-Color 600
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra 4600
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 4600
Front Derailleur: Tri-Colour 600
Rear Derailleur: Tri-Color 600
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 10 speed
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 10 speed
Crankset: Tri-Color 600
Pedals: Speedplay Cro-Mo
Bottom Bracket: Shimano ?

Rims: Mavic Open clincher
Hubs: Shimano Tri-Color 600
QRs: Shimano
Tyres: Michelin Pro 4 700c x 23

Saddle: San Marco
Seatpost: Selle San Marco
Seatpost Binder: N/A

I haven't weighed it yet, but it's much lighter than my 23lb Roberts White Spider, so I'd estimate in the region of 17 to 18 lbs.

Before.

DSC_0112.jpg

After
DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0149-1.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Mmm !! that looks real lush :cool: , it's just a shame you'd boxed it up and stored it away as it's got bags of style and character ...

Back