Lemond TSX Z Replica

bilko6

Dirt Disciple
Just been out for the first ride on my work in progress.

Still to get the proper wheels and pedals but otherwise it's a 1992/93 Dura Ace version. I believe it came in 3 colours...the yellow/red/blue mix, black or red and with a choice of either Mavic, Campag or DA groupsets.

It rides like a dream and if I could marry it, I would.

Attachments

• IMAG0194 (Small).jpg
    IMAG0194 (Small).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,054
Hi not been on ere for a while, nice bike and great brand.

JE james bought up the bankrupt stock of Lemond cycles back in around 1994. In total it was around 30 frames in various sizes and tube materials.

With the Z colours they had Cherry Red (yours), Pearl white, Coal Black, and the normal tri fade that the team rode.

They also bought up Lemond Gan frames as well

JE James sold the frames off as frame only or as a tailor package to your needs, when I went to Rotherham I remember seeing the red and white built up. I plumped for Black as it was similar colours to the Calfee Carbon Greg rode. From memory they where quite cheap think I paid around £275 for a Cromor Tube model for the frame alone

Hope this helps

Yes, they are the 9 speed version but period correct 8 speed are winging their way from USA as I type.
I got the frame on eBay for £55. The frame was hand painted matt black but the forks were still the colour fade. So, off to a guy in Edinburgh, 2pac paint job and £60 later a beautiful TSX frame with the name Silva who I believe was one of the brothers who built the frames. Decals from France and a very light wallet later......voila.

Back