Sirius TT bike

Gunscrossed

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I originally bought this with the intention of stripping off the nice Campag bits and selling the frame on but when it arrived it was so nice it seemed a shame to break it up. It didn't come with wheels (it had Campag Titanium Shamal's originally but the seller listed them separatly and I got outbid)
403736109.jpg

I have a question! :LOL:
THe original seat post was quite long and seemed to extend down past the junction of the top tube and rear stays but the Campag record carbon one that I now have fitted is only about 225mm and doesn't go down as far as the old one, does this style of frame need a long seat post?
403736112.jpg

A little bit of info on Sirius here;
http://relifecycle.com/biking/sirius-cy ... y-serrius/

Pure sex that machine is though the best part has got to be the aero bars, would have loved some on my long gone lo pro :cry:

I would say as long as the seat post goes past the top tube/seat stay joint by a good 20mm or so you should be ok.

Any less will be putting too much strain on the unsupported tubing, leading to cracking and failure.

tiermat":1ivztzhx said:
I would say as long as the seat post goes past the top tube/seat stay joint by a good 20mm or so you should be ok.
Any less will be putting too much strain on the unsupported tubing, leading to cracking and failure.
Talking about cracking and failure this was apparent on my Pavone when i first got it, the front of the seat post was cracked too.

bike004.jpg

I'm just getting into road bikes and every time i see this.....................
i need it.

definitely a road weapon.

tiermat":267awo8r said:

I would suggest you fit a seat pillar that reaches at least 1 inch past the toptube / seatstay joint ASAP, as even if it doesn`t crack the seat tube up stand it will most likely bend it

Back