Peugeot Optimum 14 1990ish?

pedalpowerdeano

Retro Newbie
Hi there,
I'm a newbie so be gentle...
Here is my road bike, a totally standard (apart from pedals, pump, tyres, computer and water bottle/cage), original Peugeot Optimum 14 speed, with Shimano RX100 throughout. Mavic rims and Atax stem with Peugeot generic bars and Stronglight seat post.

Still rides like new after being stored away since around 1994 in my mums garage with a sheet over it. I've recently put new tyres on it with the bottle and cage. The computer and pump are also from the early 90's.

What do you knowledgeable lot think then?

IMG-20120817-00399.jpg

IMG-20120817-00397.jpg

IMG-20120817-00398.jpg

Nice Pug' :cool:

Watching a Bio-pace chainset turn around makes me dizzy! Did these types of chainring help pedalling power at ?

Ian.

Really nice bike - great to see one so original.

My Dad had one of those. Then my brother had it, then he rear ended a car on it, then my Dad had it again, then it went to Argos for repair following the accident - new top tube and down tube) not it is blue with carbon forks.

Peugeot

Blimey, I can still remember reading a review of this bike in Cycling Plus in 199something. I've always liked Peugeots and that one should last you for ages yet - nice bike!

Thanks for the praise folks.

Was the magazine review a good one? I actually swapped this with my mates brother in about 1991 for a crap raleigh mtb. Couldn't believe my luck riding home on it. Sure he paid about 700 notes for it. Since then I've probably done about 200 mile on it only. Been busy doing house up and procreating.
The biopace is debatable tbh as to whether it improves power. Probably minimal.

Back