Oops! What was I thinking?

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Am I really so out of control that I'll buy any project that'll come my way?!

Just acquired a Raleigh Twenty Special which was much worse than it looked in the picture my sister sent me. Anyway something in me said it could be an interesting project so I got her to hand over a bag of peanuts and she brought it round to me earlier.

Solid frame and gold alloy araya rims are the pros everything else are the cons!

I was going to pimp it as a street "racer" type thing until my wife said that she wouldn't mind it. So its gonna be a modernisation job instead although research tells me that it will be no easy ride (pun intended)

Only thing I am sure of at the moment is that I will fit one of those 26 tpi cotterless bb kits on eBay and fit a better alloy crank. Think the stem and brakes will give me some grief.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The brakes maybe a goer, thanks.

Mine is a later Twenty model (I think) and appears to have standard diameter 22.2 stem so I should be able to slip a regular quill stem in there. VeloSolo have a stem with 165mm rise which should do it.

I'll get some pictures up later I'm sure you're all keen to see it :)

Ok, ok! Here they are:

As received (little girls bike):
P1160435.jpg

Up we go - adults bike:
P1160436.jpg

Won't be re-using these:
P1160438.jpg

P1160439.jpg

P1160440.jpg

P1160443.jpg

Arya Alloy gold rims!
P1160442.jpg

Special - I wanted to ditch the chainguard for a bashguard but my missus likes it:
P1160441.jpg

Takes a standard quill :) Won't be using this one mind!
P1160444.jpg

Oh yes! To the shifter that's exactly what I had in mind!

Stem is going to be this one http://velosolo.co.uk/kalloyswan.html

I want some 20 x 2.0'ish white wall tyres for reasonable money alternatively I may just get some new Raleigh ones as currently fitted. Also need some very high rise bars similar to stock but alloy.

Thanks for your interest and help kermit, thought I was going it alone on this one....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well I'm not exactly adventurous myself, quite reserved normally but these twenty's have a good following with some great mods.

The tyres are perfect I saw them yesterday and couldn't find them again today so big thanks for that.

Those north road bars are a very good bargain but I'm looking for something with less rearward sweep....

Thanks again fella. This is going to be our build at this rate. :)

Back