Raleigh Equinox

rogerc

Retro Newbie
Hi folks, I am a new member, so i thought id show this raleigh i have from the early nineties. It was bought new,23.5 inch frame{which was way too big for me} It has a full RX100 groupset. All original parts except for the rear derailler which i have sourced on ebay along with a spare front derailler.The frame is a 531c. Im currently restoring and cleaning it up. One thing i always wondered about the wheels, is that they are campag wheels on RX100 hubs, is this odd to have that set-up?

Regarding the frame, its in good condition except for some rust spots, would anyone know of anything good to reduce the rust spots?

Lastly, what type of bottom bracket would it be? im hoping the front sprockets would be ok with a new cassette and chain etc. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Raleigh Equinox.jpg
    Raleigh Equinox.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Raleigh Equinox 2.jpg
    Raleigh Equinox 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Raleigh Equinox 3.jpg
    Raleigh Equinox 3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,236
All looks correct and original, they came with full rx100 and I think oval section campag rims. I got one in the mid/late 90's when I worked for a 5 star dealer. Still got it and my silver paint is spotting with rust too annoying as the green on the forks is perfect. Lovely bikes but mine needs some love.

Just a quick post to say Welcome :)

Hopefully people will post about the rust spots on the frame and mechanical help:)

I see we have another raleigh 5 star dealer worker on the forum LOL

Shaun

Back