Dipping my toe in... Not retro!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Picked up my first road bike yesterday. Got a good deal on the NHS Cycle to Work scheme. Paying about £700 for this over 12 months, which includes the £99 'disposal fee' at the end. The RRP is £999.99

Been out for a spin on it this morning and can't believe the difference a 'proper' road bike makes! Until now the only bikes I've ever ridden on the road are off road tyred / slick-shod MTBs!

5eaecaf2.jpg

Any higher with the seat post and you'll need a pilots licence :shock:

I like modern bikes and yours gets my thumbs up ;)

Ian Raleigh":1vofcdag said:
Any higher with the seat post and you'll need a pilots licence :shock:

I like modern bikes and yours gets my thumbs up ;)

:LOL:

It's gone down about 2 inches since that picture was taken. I took it literally as soon as I'd got it in the house - hadn't had chance to set it up!

My friend has a CUBE which is in matt black and he loves it but all the gears went into trip mode and wouldn't change gear correctly!
The cables had stretched a whopping 5mm so he had to take up the slack and re-adjust all his gears which did his head in :roll:

Ian Raleigh":1soa4pq9 said:
My friend has a CUBE which is in matt black and he loves it but all the gears went into trip mode and wouldn't change gear correctly!
The cables had stretched a whopping 5mm so he had to take up the slack and re-adjust all his gears which did his head in :roll:

No such issue with mine (touch wood). Took it out for a nice spin today and it felt really nice. Didn't realise quite how 'bumpy' the roads are until now mind you! My back end is NOT thanking me!

That looks very cool.

I'm about to experience that same thing, having just bought a road bike project. I have been on MTB's since the 1980's, so I am preparing myself (and my behind) for a culture shock.

Good bikes. I ride a Cube Streamer 2011, same frame as yours, with Ultegra/105 and handbuilt wheels. More comfy frame than you might expect, great for all-day Sportives and such like. If you enjoy it as much as I do you'll be a happy bunny!

Can any of you guys tell me what the code is for the ultegra shifters on the 2011 cube streamer. I can't find it online and a friend has asked me to source one for him. He broke it on a ride and the shop would only sort it if he bought a pair for over £300.
Thanks

Dave

Back