Graham Weigh columbus SLX all Dura Ace.

casper2788

Devout Dirtbag
Recently new to Retro bike as i was advised from a guy at a cycle shop if i intend to sell my cycle that i came to rb.I built the bike in 1989 as a youngster and my situations changed and the bike got stored away.In the last few years i thought i would let it see the light of day and get back out on it but i'm no youngster anymore and me and the bike have drifted apart mainly because i'm no racer anymore and it's a racing bike just need something a little more comfy.So i intend to go carbon and have a set up more suited to me.But from reading many of the post's it has taken me right back to the good old days riding and working in a bike shop as the mechanic and seeing all the bikes on this forum.I am now having second thoughts and may just alter the set up.It has a 42/52 chainring so may go 39/52 and 12/26 on the back.Carbon i guess is ok but has no soul.The bike has all Dura Ace front/rear mech,shifters,levers,calipers,bb,hub's,seat post,cassette and chainring.

Attachments

• bike 005.JPG
    bike 005.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 999
  • bike 004.JPG
    bike 004.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 999
  • bike 006.JPG
    bike 006.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 999
  • bike 007.JPG
    bike 007.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 998
  • bike 008.JPG
    bike 008.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 998
Looks very nice. You can get a 38 tooth ring for those cranks BTW, try Spa Cycles in Harrogate in the Stronglight range (*). Gives you an important extra few inches lower for the hills!

* - other cycle shops are available ;)

Old Ned":381ubir7 said:
Looks very nice. You can get a 38 tooth ring for those cranks BTW, try Spa Cycles in Harrogate in the Stronglight range (*). Gives you an important extra few inches lower for the hills!

Yes i think i will give it a go and get the smaller ring,anythings worth a try.Thanks for that.

What i would also like to do is obtain a set of forks with more rake to them.I find the straight one's are a bit hard on the wrists over distance.would it be true to say that straight forks are less comfy than with a rake as i would like others opinions.If any one can recommend some idealy chrome then please let me know.

Old Ned":2jhpp4pw said:

Have noticed they do the zicral 7075 130BCD but it says 9/10 speed compatible,would it do for my 8 speed block.

Latest posts

Back