Brain Rourke 653 project RR.

Way2many

Retro Guru
Arrived last week and all is as expected.

Frame and forks are in very good condition for the age, no dings, dents or cracks.

Paintwork is a very bright pink and yellow affair! Condition not so good with a fair few chips and scrapes. Chrome is good with only a mild amount of rust spots that will polish out but some has chipped off the rear dropouts.

I'm still waiting to hear back from 'BR' regarding the age and full dims/angles but so far she's very close to my own custom build. Five mill. shorter in the seat tube, same top tube, shorter headtube (lower bbk?) and a slightly tighter rear end.

Plan is a retro/modern build, trying to keep the weight down without being silly but using modern good components from various manufacturers.

Attachments

• Frame and forks1.jpg
    Frame and forks1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 2,628
Very nice - I'm looking forward toseeing that built up. I love the badge on the back of the seat tube - "so when you drop someone, they know you're riding a Rourke", as Mr Rourke says...

Tempted by a red, white and blue scheme of sorts...but need to see pictures first before I can make my mind up!

Just recieved from 'BR'...

It was originally shown as a yellow bike with pink and white flashes. The date of build was 10th December 1991.

The seat tube is 22"
Top tube 22.25"
Head tube 5.4
Head angle 74
Seat angle 74

Rear drop out made for a 7 speed but no width listed.

Now to check against my red one.

First checks...

Are oh so good, seat and top tube are a prefect match!!! Total headtube length is 10mm shorter, 5mm is accounted for by the top lug being a lttle shorter than on my red 'BR' and the rest is likely to be due to a lower BB. The rear end has been built tighter so this one will be super responsive.

First part bought is...a very light set of Mizuno carbon/carbon forks, nice and slender.

Attachments

• Mizuno carbon forks1.jpg
    Mizuno carbon forks1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,324
Each to their own and I see its a weight weenie type build but you know what this purist* is thinking....

Nice frame though be interested to see how it turns out.

(Not entirely true, more a purist when it suits me :) )

I know what you mean...if Campy produced a 'retro' groupset with 8 speed and down tube levers in nice polished alloy with black 'Campagnolo' lettering on the components i'd be first in line...

Trying to keep it a fast, lightish build to make the 2k carbon boys cry when I whizz past them!

First of the components...Syntace and San Marco.

The seat post is way too long so will be cut down at a later date.

Attachments

• Seat and steering components.JPG
    Seat and steering components.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 2,162
I´m starting a fixie project with a steel Olmo frame and will also fit a carbon fork. I think it can turn out to be a cool overall set =)

Very light, your frame and fork.

Back