Superconflex Colnago Master

stringfellow1946

Senior Retro Guru
Ok this is the first of my Retro Bike builds that I will be posting in the next few weeks. Superconfex-Yoko (1987–1989) (an ultra Rare Bike in these Team colours) The team was officially known as Superconfex – Kwantum – Yoko – Colnago. 3 stage wins in the 1987 The Tour de France that year, 2 by “Jean-Paul van Poppel” and also victory in the points classification that year.
As a note of interest these are the 2nd Generation Deltas.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 4,228
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 4,217
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 4,216
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4,214
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4,214
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 4,219
oldmuthariley":2it25kez said:
jeez - another beauty! do they get ridden?

Ridden!! Not at my age 66. Anyway If I took any of these out & let them out of my site for 5 mins I think they might very well disappear.
BUT I'm Hoping to build a Kirk ATB up to ride to the Pub & back a 4 mile round trip. Thats when I can get hold of a suitable frame.

That is absolutely stunning... :shock:

Possibly the best team name ever, too. I hope you've got the kit to match the bike!

Edit - I wrote that just as you were replying to oldmuthariley... At least the bike won't get t-boned by a driver.

Rich34":y8f4zx9j said:
That is absolutely stunning... :shock:

Possibly the best team name ever, too. I hope you've got the kit to match the bike!

Edit - I wrote that just as you were replying to oldmuthariley... At least the bike won't get t-boned by a driver.

Rich Thank so much for your kind comments about the bike, in answer to your question NO I don't have the team kit, but keep seeing it on e-bay mostly re pro The original team kit was made by DECCA.
Like your comment about not getting t-boned that made me chuckle.
Chris

Can't wait to see your other bikes - just the era that i love! The late 80s and the early 90s hold some great cycling memories for me.
I used to rush home and watch the Tour on Channel 4 and lust after all those bikes :D

Are all the bikes in your signature in as good condition as this? If so you should open a museum :D

Back