Daccordi Turbo

Gracie

Retro Guru
I proudly finished my latest project bike today which is a late 80s-Early 90s Daccordi Turbo.

I bought the bike back in late April this year in this state.....

IMGP1041.JPG

I had a vision for this bike and have tried to bring out it's retro charms whilst leaping just a few years forward with a mid 90s ergopower groupset.

Here is how it currently stands ready to be enjoyed this summer....

IMGP1350.JPG

IMGP1352.JPG

IMGP1353.JPG

IMGP1354.JPG

Looking forward to getting out and hitting the roads in the next day or two!

Looks great!! Read about it on your blog and sounds like a real labour of love which has really paid of.

Chrome forks are 100% better. Wheels and stem look great (1a always looks better on).

Iwasgoodonce":28020hid said:
Nice ride. Where did you source the forks from?

Forum trawling! The are old 531 forks, they needed a little clean up and a steerer trim but I am really pleased - Thanks

Excellent job Gracie and a good choice of 'bar tape. My Daccordi was called into action for yesterday's clubrun and after 75 miles I was shattered but really happy with the bike - so much nicer to ride than the modern aluminium thing I usually ride. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Mark.

daccordimark":24s10ixw said:
Excellent job Gracie and a good choice of 'bar tape. My Daccordi was called into action for yesterday's clubrun and after 75 miles I was shattered but really happy with the bike - so much nicer to ride than the modern aluminium thing I usually ride. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Mark.

Cheers Mark, I haven't even been out on it yet so nothing to report although I am planning to rack up 50km tomorrow and will have a tune up spin around the village this afternoon.

So there are now officially three members of the Daccordi Owners Club - I feel a committee meeting is in order ;)

Latest posts

Back