Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Ah there it is.....! Lovely bike Gracie and loving the handlebar tape.....!

Watch those downtube cable stops, one of mine broke (adjuster sheared off inside the body) so I am buying shimano ones which are alloy...is that sacrilege?

I'm all for starting a Daccordi club....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Nice fade tape - where did you source that - and what are the bars?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:17 pm 
Retro Guru

coggav wrote:
Ah there it is.....! Lovely bike Gracie and loving the handlebar tape.....!

Watch those downtube cable stops, one of mine broke (adjuster sheared off inside the body) so I am buying shimano ones which are alloy...is that sacrilege?

I'm all for starting a Daccordi club....!

Cheers!

Milremo produced some alloy downtube cable stops if you wanted to keep it Shimano free.

As long as a Daccordi Club means casually meeting up once a year for a ride involving a couple of beer stops I am up for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:22 pm 
Retro Guru

west green wrote:
Nice fade tape - where did you source that - and what are the bars?

The tape is Iscaselle Dainy Tape that I bought from a Dutch cycle shop online after searching and searching for a Red/White Fade tape. You can also get another variety called Pelten Shade Tape but they are both super hard to source.

I actually bought all the stock the shop had and have sold most of it and have one pack left outside of my personal stock that I am willing to let go if you are desperate for some.

The bars are ITM Mod Europa Super Racing with Anatomic drops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:48 pm 
Retro Guru

I liked the idea of a Daccordi club until I realised how far away I live from you guys! We would have to make our annual ride a part of an RB event like the June 2nd ride (which I can't make) :( .

Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Looks like it will have to be an online club.

Please repeat the oath below in the privacy of your our own home and you shall be considered a bonafide member of the Daccordi Online Owners club (UK division).

"I promise to henceforth promote all things Daccordi to the world in general so that as many retro fans as possible shall know what cool and groovy bikes they are"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

BTW, still can't get over that advert....only the Italians could do something like that!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 pm 
Retro Guru

The advert is brilliant, my good lady finds it hilarious just how often my internet searches about bikes pull up scantily clad if not naked ladies!

There are a fair few miles between us but I'm sure we could make it work somehow.

I have actually already been looking for other Daccordi's in need of attention!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:12 am 
Retro Guru

Gracie wrote:
I have actually already been looking for other Daccordi's in need of attention!!

Oi! Me too - just don't outbid me on that well known auction site (or tell my lovely wife).

I was talking to a club mate on Sunday's ride about Daccordi while we waited for someone to fix a puncture at the cafe. He'd never heard of them obviously and assumed they were long gone so I put him right. I'm not sure if the Daccordi family are still involved or whether it's all run and owned by Stefano Boggia now. I seem to recall reading somewhere on the web that he was married to one of the Daccordi family.

When I ordered my frame in 1986 from Mike Perry at Wielersport he 'phoned up Senora Daccordi and placed the order there and then. Apparently her English was good but so was Mike's Italian so he spoke to her in Italian.

My ambition is take the bike to L'Eroica and hopefully visit the Daccordi factory too.

Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am 
Retro Guru

I would love to ride L'Eroica especially on the Daccordi although I still believe it is post 1987 although there is a condition where you can ride a steel bike with pre-1987 components. So there's a chance!

Are you applying for 2013 Mark? Even if I didn't get in to the race I would consider coming along for the ride, the scenery, the food, the weather, the people and to visit the home of Daccordi. I don't take much convincing to go to Italy!!