Raleigh Quasar - what to do with it?

Forsh

Dirt Disciple
Well here's my latest addition to a garage with too many bikes...

friday13th2012011.jpg

friday13th2012014.jpg

friday13th2012015.jpg

friday13th2012013.jpg

friday13th2012012.jpg

friday13th2012017.jpg

friday13th2012016.jpg

It has been swapped and changed a bit, I think the front and rear mechs are original don't thing wheels are.
I'm thinking it's too far gone I'll just strip it an get the frame powder coated and build it back up with some early 90's Raleigh Elan bits I have

Single speed and straight bars? :twisted:

anyone tell me what year it is?

wadda ya think?

:)

Big job, thats had a hard life. Need taking back to bare metal and starting from scratch. Worth a challenge though.

It's well used but I think the hardest bit of its life has been the last 25 years in a damp garage.

Guy at work was about to tip it but I couldn't let a 501 frame be scrapped let alone one with "Aerospace Contour" and a picture of the "new" Space Shuttle on the oval down tube!

Are we talking '84-'86 ish?

Perfect rat bike new chain, cables, tyres, blocks and a regrease and use as is. Looks like a POS but bet it rides well.

Rat bike LOL!

I'm into aircooled VWs and well aware of the rat look but never considered a rat bike

Why not do that then under all that filth and crud is a half decent frame. Make it less desirable to those of a sticky fingered disposition.

I just might take the chainset off your hands. No idea what it is or what good it is to me but it just takes me back to a better era

I don't know what it is either maybe sus more out when I strip it down
I think it has been self drilled, the guy who had it, Jimmy, his dad's mate was well into road biking and Jimmy got his cast offs

Back