1978 Ellis Briggs Favori "Concord" time trial

kohl57@yahoo.com

Old School Hero
My latest addition to my 1970s British time trial collection: a 1978 Favori "Concord" by Ellis Briggs.

This was purchased from the original owner on eBay (UK) and outfitted in period correct c. 1978-83 (it was apparently repainted in its present colour by EB around 1983) "weight weenie" and Alf Engers' style drilled out components. Tips the scales at 17.9 lbs!

Full details and lots more photos here for those interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9157103@N0 ... 081236252/

Attachments

• 1978 Favori tt.JPG
    1978 Favori tt.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,449
Takes me back a bit :)

The link for photos goes to nice pics of a Falcon San-Remo, I've got one of those too (it's in my avatar) LOL

Shaun

Very nice - even drilled teeth on the chainring. A few grams saved there then :cool:

I do like a nice time trial bike of the 70'/80's era.

Chainring brought a smile to my face. Pound to a penny something went wrong as one of the chainring arms is different to the others.

I've got some drilled out chainrings that started out as an attempt at colnago ace of clubs and ended with triangles or just big holes LOL

Shaun

Well, we'll see how she holds up when we take our first ride together this evening! But I've found all of this drilled out, lightened to the max t.t. stuff of this era really works as it supposed to as long as you're setting up the whole machine for timetrialling and have a fluid riding style and not honking up hills with it or too heavy on it.

Back