zeus cranksets

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just picked up a 70's Sun racer for the spares more than the bike , its got a zeus branded alloy chainring and arms , never heard of the brand , looks like it should come clean ok . will get pics when get chance

biggs682":33d8i1vs said:
just picked up a 70's Sun racer for the spares more than the bike , its got a zeus branded alloy chainring and arms , never heard of the brand , looks like it should come clean ok . will get pics when get chance

Spanish.

Rk.

Zeus was around when I raced in the 70's..........it was always seen as a bit of a "poor mans" Campagnolo.

Not really the case though as it was pretty reasonable stuff. Ron Kitchen imported it and usually had a load of catalogues available.

http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Ron ... ge_50.html

I had a set of Zeus brakes.........the nut at the front was a bit pointy LOL

Shaun

Zeus parts are actually very nice. often an almost exact copy of campagnolo stuff from the same time. I come across quite a lot down here in Spain. one thing you need to be careful of though is the chainset BCD - a unique to zeus 119mm. don't ask me why, because I don't know!

guts thanks for the replies just had a bit more of look at bike , alomg with nice straight pr of 27"alloys laced on to a large flange mallard fr hub the rear has a Ofmega hub both with wiennman rims .

and it tips the scales at 10 kg so not to heavy for a 70's bike , not sure what is happening with it yet longterm will have to see .

no pics till after easter as locked in shed now

no pics till after easter as locked in shed now

Why what have you done ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds like a great find and Zeus stuff is great had plenty of it in the past :D

cant do pics as getting ready to go away for a week , so pics when we get back i am afraid .

then the decision will be made whether to strip for bits to use on another project or to strip and get frame powder blasted and coated ready for putting back together .

Back