photo%25205%25282%2529.JPG

photo%25204%25282%2529.JPG

photo%25204.JPG

photo%25204%25281%2529.JPG

photo%25203%25281%2529.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

WOW

Yeah, thats WOW alright!
Another beautiful addition to your stable.
Just what you need too, another Panasonic ;) can you ever have too much of a good thing? I dont think so.
But I am sure you could tell me :LOL:

Jamie

Rich34":3giimimw said:
Another one to watch... Beautiful.

What is it and what are you going to build it with?

It is a Panasonic Team Custom which was part of the PICS (Panasonic Individual Custom System) / POS (Panasonic Order System) as they were known. These PICS/POS frames were all custom made for the buyer after being fitted for the bike. The original purchaser could then specify one of many paint schemes as well as the tubing used during construction.

This particular frame belonged to the owner of Naperville Cyclery, in Naperville, Illinois (Chicago suburb). His business closed in late '88 and he took all remaining inventory and put it into a barn in German Valley, Illinois for storage.

When the owner passed away, his widow contacted some area cycling enthusiasts to help her sort through everything and sell it off. Long story short, that is how it eventually wound up in my hands... via the gentleman who found it in the barn. I also got some NOS Look PP-56 pedals and the groovy PICS display out of the deal. ;)

In terms of how to build it? I'm not sure just yet. Some have suggested I leave it as a NOS frame and use it as wall art but I think I would eventually like to build it. Shimano Sante is my first inclination as I don't have a bike with that build yet. First things first, I plan to finish my PR-6000 and then deal with this one.

That Century finish Record groupset in NOS quality that was on Ebay recently would have been nice for this frame. How about Campagnolo?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back