Dave Lloyd Concept 90

nj_cisca

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
First time I've shared a bike here so please go easy!
I bought the frame recently from the forum and have spent an enjoyable few weeks building it all up. Frame had to be refinished as it had a tatty home brew rattle can job.
The components are a bit of an eclectic mix at the moment (purists look away now) comprising bits I had lying around and some newer stuff. The emphasis was on function and cost but hopefully nothing looks too out of place. Eventually I'm aiming for full 90s campag with ergos when finances allow.
Still I love the bike as it is, it looks and rides great. Really like the feel of the compact frame, probably psychological but it seems very agile and quick to me.

Frame and Fork: Fillet brazed Reynolds either 653 or 753 - I suspect 653 as apparently 753 was unlikely to be chromed.

Headset: Campagnolo
Stem: SR Sakae
Handlebar: SR Sakae Road Champion
Bar Tape: Arundel Gecko Grip

Brake Levers/Brifters: Shimano RX100 SLR
Brake Calipers: Shimano Ultegra
Brake Pads: Aztec
Brake Cables: Jagwire

Shifters: Shimano 105
Front Derailleur: Shimano RX100
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: Shimano HG50 7 Speed
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Campagnolo Daytona
Chainrings: Campagnolo 52-42
Bottom Bracket: Tifosi Carbon
Pedals: MKS GR9

Rims: Exal XR2
Hubs: Shimano 105
Hub Skewers: Halo
Nipples: ACI
Spokes: ACI double butted
Tyres: Michelin Pro 4 Service Course 700x23
Tubes: Rubber ones

Saddle: Selle Bassano Vuelta
Seatpost: Kalloy
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

That looks really nice, the mix of parts together works for me. He does put a nice looking frame together that Mr Lloyd.

Nice looking bike, beautiful frame, with lovely details. What colour is it? Cadburys purple?

Very nice! I remember lusting after a dave lloyd frame BITD, can't remember why exactly, probably all that fillet brazing!

mAdam":29sssron said:
Nice looking bike, beautiful frame, with lovely details. What colour is it? Cadburys purple?

Thanks,
I knew I chose that colour for a reason! The finish is actually a powder coat but one of the fancy metallic two coat colours, it looks far nicer to me than most powder jobs. I may well send it to Jacksons or Argos for a proper finish next winter but right now I just wanted it built up and ridden.

Very nice, really love that wishbone stay. :)

I believe Lloyd was one of the few/only builders happy to polish and chrome 753, so could be.

Where did you get it powder coated? looks nice in tghe metallic and not really a "powder coat" type finish :)

Shaun

Note to self to ask if the Raleigh Dynatech frames can be powder coated.....

Midlife":2iw7py6m said:
Where did you get it powder coated? looks nice in tghe metallic and not really a "powder coat" type finish :)

Shaun

Note to self to ask if the Raleigh Dynatech frames can be powder coated.....

Powder coating was done locally by carlisle powder coating (off newtown road), they are happy to do bikes and apparently get them through quite often. I was really pleased with the finish looks more like paint and not as 'plastic' as most powder finishes. Hes not great at masking, I had to neaten up some of the joins with the chrome but for £40 I can't complain :)

Back