245.4 KB · Views: 2,024
  • P2237122.JPG
    P2237122.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 2,024
  • P2237119.JPG
    P2237119.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 2,025
bad press

thanks for the comments,despite some of the bad press these bikes got,the frame is quite light and it rode perfectly after hanging in a garage for over 25 years after a bloody good clean up

i had a red one when i was a teenager , and have had 2 more since and yes nice bikes . this one was a good find well done

Great stuff, quite a few of these cropping up now! I've got a non-aerospace one and Goldie has an Aerospace. There's an American chap doing one up as well. They ride really nicely - very comfortable and compliant. I sold mine recently but I've managed to talk the new owner into selling it back :D

Have a pic of mine:

IMG_7423.JPG

Re:

Hi Bikenut.
I have the very same bike and in the same situation, I was using the bike for work but when I changed jobs I stored it in my fathers garage(in my case 30years).
I wanted to now start cycling for fun albeit not long journeys.
Anyway I got the bike back and found a lot of it was rusted up, i.e. rust on the rear wheel gear set, the wheel rims are pitted, the brake calipers are near solid and rust showing on the chrome and a bit of rust on the main frame although very, very little and after cleaning with metal polish just has a few bubbles on the paint work.
Oh and the tyres are perished.
I was in the process of buying a hybrid bike but seeing this thread and your original post wondered if I could get mine working again.

Please could you give me tips on how I would go about it if possible to get mine back in working order.

Re: Re:

Garrett":36qumgpu said:
Hi Bikenut.
I have the very same bike and in the same situation, I was using the bike for work but when I changed jobs I stored it in my fathers garage(in my case 30years).
I wanted to now start cycling for fun albeit not long journeys.
Anyway I got the bike back and found a lot of it was rusted up, i.e. rust on the rear wheel gear set, the wheel rims are pitted, the brake calipers are near solid and rust showing on the chrome and a bit of rust on the main frame although very, very little and after cleaning with metal polish just has a few bubbles on the paint work.
Oh and the tyres are perished.
I was in the process of buying a hybrid bike but seeing this thread and your original post wondered if I could get mine working again.

Please could you give me tips on how I would go about it if possible to get mine back in working order.

evening

first thing i would do is to check for any seized components like seat post , quill stem and bottom bracket cups as these could make an easy job a lot harder and can be rather soul destroying also do you have a budget in mind ? If so be prepared to go over budget .

Got any pictures of yours ?

I just bought a 600 EX aerospace in full working order and i am loving it they are great bikes to ride

Re: Re:

biggs682":12v3csvm said:
evening

first thing i would do is to check for any seized components like seat post , quill stem and bottom bracket cups as these could make an easy job a lot harder and can be rather soul destroying also do you have a budget in mind ? If so be prepared to go over budget .

Got any pictures of yours ?

I just bought a 600 EX aerospace in full working order and i am loving it they are great bikes to ride
I cant say I have a budget but would have to think about buying parts vs putting it towards a new one.
I will try and take a picture of mine tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back