Klein Quantum - New pics of bike and cat!

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all this is my first retro road bike. Had new road bikes before but fell in love with this. Have a few questions down further...
Klein Quantum with full Shimano 600 groupo including headset and stem, just missing post and pedals. Also running period Dura ace hubs and QR's.
Has some pretty flash Campag rims, they mention they are Atlanta 1996 rims, so I'm assuming it's an Olympic thing? Hopefully someone can enlighten me more?
Also don't know anything about the bars and tyres, can someone let me know about what they are and if they are good?
Runs a re-produce Turbo saddle as well.
Also thanks to Slow6 and his Karma the pink things on the spokes are NOS Uni Training Spoilers :D Pretty Cool I think!
The paint is actually really bright red, the photo's don't do it any justice at all!
All I want to do to it is get the Shimano 600 post and pedals. I'm also suffering from a case of OCD and kinda want the matching 600 hubs! But will probably keep these ones!

Attachments

• Klein (2).jpg
    Klein (2).jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2,575
  • Klein (5).jpg
    Klein (5).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 2,575
  • Klein (4).jpg
    Klein (4).jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,575
  • Klein.jpg
    Klein.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,575
Got a new period aero post! Going to install it tonight and i'll get some better pics up, some decent ones!

FST4RD":3done4ia said:
Got a new period aero post! Going to install it tonight and i'll get some better pics up, some decent ones!

The Shimano 600 post of the era is very nice, doesn't sound like thats what you got though? I really like the gunmetal brakes in the 600 of the era, I have kept them on my bikes, yours is a bit more original than mine though.

Klein

Well the cat doesn't look too excited by your new ride.....

Apart from that, looks good, nice clean look to it especially with the colours... I like the white saddle and bar tape.....

A few have popped up on ebay aus of late......a bit out of my price range...

I use Shimano Ultegra 600 on my GT Edge, fantastic groupset.......

Look forward to the better pics.....

Back