Colnago Oro Argenta

saarf

Retro Guru
I picked this up a while back, just bought a dremel, so I'll clean it up some more

Attachments

• 6587722965_977b1d1068_b.jpg
    6587722965_977b1d1068_b.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,150
Very nice, will you get it rechromed before building it? I would build it with Super Record parts unless you happen to have a 50th Anniversary group kicking about :D

Lovely frame. Do you want to gold plate it again? The Auto-part producers do a lot of gold plateing of steel products. You might want to look that way of you want to regain the original finish.

I don't think this one was a gold 'oro', the Argenta was fully chrome.
I may re-chrome it, I was going to cut parts of my shins out to make my legs shorter as the frame is too small for me

i think I will sell though, should I re-chrome? Does it detract from value a great deal as it is?
there was one Argenta at the Gent Stalen Ros, and I belive it went for up to 1400 euros

saarf":1kxts6bv said:
I don't think this one was a gold 'oro', the Argenta was fully chrome.
I may re-chrome it, I was going to cut parts of my shins out to make my legs shorter as the frame is too small for me

i think I will sell though, should I re-chrome? Does it detract from value a great deal as it is?
there was one Argenta at the Gent Stalen Ros, and I belive it went for up to 1400 euros

Sorry, I thought that it was a Oro (from looking at the scanned Conago information on the flickr page).... I would not recrome it if I should sell it. I dont think it is in bad shape. And sometimes the more used look also have something to it. Imagine it with nice and shiny parts and then the marks of time and use on the frame... I think that that would have worked out. I made the mistake of painting my 92 Conagi because the crome and paint was starting to rust... but after the respray it kind of lost they thing that I got for it. I must however also admitt that I hade the cromed part painted too (mistake!).

saarf":88vbdahc said:
ok, wise words, thanks

dont know about that... I am sure that you would pay more attention to the details than I did. So might keep its sole... But to me it was no good to give the frame the "makeover"... Sad, that the size is wrong!

Back