The bike was stripped down to a frame a long time ago. I didn't grab any decent shots but you can see a few here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... /stripped/
There's a few scratches and I did have a little wobble again as to whether to have it resprayed but I stuck to my guns and am keeping the original paint...
My parts bin has been building up and I have pretty much all the parts I need for it now, although as mentioned above the decision on just how to build it has only just come together in my mind...Most of the parts just "appeared" and I ear marked them for this. I think the only part I intentionally found was the stem.
So today I made a start with the rebuild. I'm not too good at this *project building malarky though so you'll have to forgive the lack of before, during and after shots.
Campag headset replaces the Shimano 600 sealed, which is a superb headset easily out-performing the Campag but I loathe mixing parts especially Japanese and European:
Wheels are Campagnolo Cassette hubs on de-badged Rigida DP18 polished rims. Radial laced on the front and on the non drive side on the rear, cross spoked on the drive side (rear only ofcourse!)
Tyres are 20c Continental Supersonic which I chose to increase the gap behind the seat tube. They are also an extremely light folding tyre so should help create a lively ride, although DP18's are not renown for their lightness.
Now this is where it gets a little more adventurous....
Front mech is a debadged and polished Campag Daytona - shame I didn't take a before picture:
Rear mech is a polished Veloce 8 speed. It was polished by Laz and sold onto me. I actually brought it just because it was a perfect base to try out some engraving on rear mechs which is doable but rather expensive! Looks good and perfect for this build:
So this is how it looks so far:
*In reality I have completed a great number of projects I just don't make a habit of documenting them...