the "Veloavalou"… 1985 c'dale ST500

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I was looking for a small sized road bike for Valerie, my girlfriend. I wanted something "old's cool", not a modern plastic bike with horrible decals.
Brad found that on ebay and I won it.
So, in the beginning of october, We received that bike, in a very clean shape. All shimano 600 groupo. I only changed the saddle and the "guidoline" for brooks leather, and I need to use 700c wheels, because I had some problem with the original 27".
Now, Valerie loves this bike :D

Thats very nice, looks like one of thir touring bikes that they did so well, they were designed for racks and mudguards/fenders.

ST for "Touring"
It's a touring bike with long chainstays and holes for fenders and racks.
The first bike made by cannondale was a touring bike, in 1983. The diameters of the tubes are smaller and the bike is not too hard for riding (in comparison with the 3.0 criterium series ;) )

Perhaps, wood fenders…

Nice 'Dale, mate. Girlfriend must be quite happy!

One question though, any problems fitting the 700c's on it?

No problem for fitting 700". You need long enough caliper for the brake pads. The difference between 700c and 27" is only 3 or 4mm. Not a lot, but when you need some tires or rims, 700 is easier ;)

I have a similar 1986 ST 500 frame, it's sitting around the house waiting for the right parts and was wondering if I would have to go for 27 instead. Thanks man.

Back