Mercian 753 Special

coundonroad

Dirt Disciple
Hi. Just stumbled on this site, and thought I'd share some pics of my old Mercian 753 Special.
Sadly I don't ride it very often nowadays, and really ought to sell, but I just keep hanging on! There's just something nice about looking at it!
Cheers and a happy Christmas :D

EDIT....

Hello chaps; probably very wrong of me, but I (we!) was hoping for a bit of advice. If I'm breaching any rules here, my apologies, and just tell me where to get off :? ;)
Another forum member has a 'wanted' running, and I responded with the bike covered in this thread, and which it turns out he is interested in to purchase.
Trouble is, neither of us has a clue as to value. I was already thinking along the lines of Ebay and letting it find its value that way, but I then spotted Ben's request.
I have no wish to rip him off, but I obviously don't want to go too far below its real worth. However, I'd love to see the bike in use again....
If anyone can point us in the right direction for a value then we'd both be most grateful!
Cheers, Steve

The ad's at:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202795

Attachments

• 800_IMG_4050.jpg
    800_IMG_4050.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,202
  • 800_IMG_4052.jpg
    800_IMG_4052.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,201
  • 800_IMG_4056.jpg
    800_IMG_4056.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,199
  • 800_IMG_4062.jpg
    800_IMG_4062.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,203
Welcome to Retrobike. That's a great looking bike - get it ridden!

We'll soon have you getting into the swing of riding classic machines. Nothing like the 'feel of steel'. ;)

Just bumping this for the edit to the top posting. As I say, if I'm breaching any rules, apologies. Still new to this!

Cheers, Steve

A bit hard as you cant tell brand/condition of some parts (wheels etc) but it looks in generally good order and nice all round in an attractive colour.I would say that on ebay it would make over £300 and less than £450.Only an educated guess though without more detailed pics/specs.
Of course you would have to subtract ebay/paypal fees and maybe have to mail it/wait in for phantom winning bidders etc so maybe worth taking a bit less and letting it go to an enthusiast on here that will cherish and ride it. :)

Thanks. I'll update with a bit more detail - hopefully tomorrow if I get time. :D
Having reflected and viewed a few (similar, but not the same) for sale I have to admit I was beginning to look at somewhere around the price bracket you've mentioned.

Latest posts

Back