1992 Koga-Miyata Randonneur Extra -- Beautiful! BB Generator

brownevan

Retro Newbie
Hey,

Got this as a frame only a while back, I've had it built up a few different ways.. Current is the top photo. I love the Dutch accents on this old bike (O-lock braze ons behind rear brake, Seat tube boss for generator mount, lowriders, bb generator plate, internal routing on the dynamo, double eyelets and room for 40c's with fenders!) thought you guys would enjoy.

VO Cranks

Dia Compe Silver Shifters (all 3!)

Thomson Seatpost, Nitto stem and noodle bar

104.00 wheelset from ebay :)

Sanyo BB generator and Schmidt unswitched headlight

Deore 9 speed FD/RD

Cheap, but functional and stylish. Friction is king.
389851_2912652620281_1379618992_33225321_1955688445_n.jpg

A joy.

Evan

Brooklyn, NY

Hi Brownevan,

Welcome! :)

Absolutely beautifull bike.

Is it my old frame perhaps? I sold an identical RandonneurExtra through BikeForums about a year ago.

4923993950_a5a301ffcc_z.jpg

They are very nice frames: top tubing, nice frame parts and superb paint.

who knows? it could be. Mine has a similar chip in the "randonneur extra" sticker, and it's strangely on the left side of the bike also. hmmm :)

Whether or not it is mine, it is a very nice bike.

The spec is very different as Koga original spec, but it works. Koga original spec was with XTII, black Tubus racks and lowriders, black fenders, black cockpit with dops. That light switch is an interesting feature indeed. An Ultegra shifter behind the roller dynamo under the bracket. The Koga Town and Country bikes had it too. The U-lock is special abroad, but in Holland it is one of the most common things there is. I can't imagine a live without :LOL: When I learnt of it that abroad the don't know it, I were really surprised.

RandonneurExtra bikes have been everywhere. They are among the very best randonneurs money can buy.

Glimpse on two details on my own frame:

4923400529_ec96a39142.jpg
4923403097_01d761289c.jpg

1st pic: Miyata's own triple butted tubing with spiral shaped butting at the eds
2nd pic: chromed Shimano vertical dropout, neat connections

The black has tiny glitter dust particles. Tres chique. It is a 7 step coat.

Maybe I know an early 90s RandonneurExtra, small size, nos. Welded al, but it is an authenctic Miyata frame.

Back