Grumpys old Carlton rejuvinated

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
got this Carlton as a frame set a few months ago from grumpycommuter (aka karl to his mates) so thought it was time to share it to all now almost finished and ready to start its new life as one of my daily commuters , its from the 60's not sure what model as it had no decals on it when arrived . under the original blue paintwork the head tube was chromed but rest painted . i also forgot to take pics before it was done .

all set up in single speed as that suits my commute better than gears , only done about 300 yards so far so still to early but felt positive , see link for more pics
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... WwnQA8urp8

Nice one :cool:

Links not working though. Tried copying link from your email and that dont work either. Is the URL too long? Can anyone help?

Link still not working but have got pics via email! I've put some on here for you :D

Attachments

• 100_1065.JPG
    100_1065.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 100_1068.JPG
    100_1068.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 100_1071.JPG
    100_1071.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 100_1064.JPG
    100_1064.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 1,397
Looks like an early 70's bike with those seat stays wrapping around and the brazed on top tube lugs ......a very late edition international ?

Shaun

Maybe you could do the usual decals, 'Carlton' on the downtube and the details on the seattube, and just leave the toptube plain unless you find out what model it is. I think a bit of white would look good with the blue, but that's just me :LOL:

did first commute on it today and a pedals falls off , thread was weak on left hand crank when i put it in but hoped it would hlod but no , so spare crank arm swapped over tonight and back on non icy commute duties again

Back