Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:45 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:04 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
lastpubrunner wrote:
Spibblo wrote:
It's a 1985 Reynolds 513 competition frameset handbuilt in Nottingham by the maestro Pongo Braithwaite.


I'd be tempted to buy an Aende, just 'cos of the builder's name.

I believe that he had some involvement with Paramount frames . . . I'm interested in getting one of those, too !


Yes, he was the builder for A&C Sports in Mansfield who used the Paramount name for their frames. There was one for sale at the Thurcroft jumble a few weeks ago and I sold one earlier this year on behalf of a friend who had Pongo build it for him. Here's photo of it - but it's long gone now.


Attachments:
Paramount.1.A.jpg
Paramount.1.A.jpg [ 173.02 KiB | Viewed 740 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:52 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2068
Location: warwickshire
lastpubrunner wrote:
Spibblo wrote:
It's a 1985 Reynolds 513 competition frameset handbuilt in Nottingham by the maestro Pongo Braithwaite.


I'd be tempted to buy an Aende, just 'cos of the builder's name.

I believe that he had some involvement with Paramount frames . . . I'm interested in getting one of those, too !

The Missus might not be too pleased if I get yet another frame :D , though


there's 2 Aende complete bikes on ebay at the moment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:37 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 3104
Location: Mansfield Woodhouse, Nott's.
'Spibblo' you have PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm
Posts: 70
Location: hull,east yorkshire
That aende looks awesome,going to phone bike painters this afternoon to see if my aende ready for collection want to start rebuilding it.

Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2068
Location: warwickshire
paddington35 wrote:
That aende looks awesome,going to phone bike painters this afternoon to see if my aende ready for collection want to start rebuilding it.

Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende


Great can't wait to see it finished.

Wish I still had mine :( ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm
Posts: 70
Location: hull,east yorkshire
Its going to be end of this month now,I rather they take there time and do a good job,I will do a rebuild post when I get it back its had a colour change to.

Regards
Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:02 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 pm
Posts: 962
Location: Montpellier, France
Spibblo wrote:
paddington35 wrote:
That aende looks awesome,going to phone bike painters this afternoon to see if my aende ready for collection want to start rebuilding it.

Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende


Great can't wait to see it finished.

Wish I still had mine :( ....


Sorry mate - it's not for sale!

Mind you, it's not finished either.... after all this time... :oops: I've got shiny mudguards on it but need to do the bar tape and adjust everything and then find the time to ride it. But what a beautiful bike...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2068
Location: warwickshire
Rich34 wrote:
Spibblo wrote:
paddington35 wrote:
That aende looks awesome,going to phone bike painters this afternoon to see if my aende ready for collection want to start rebuilding it.

Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende


Great can't wait to see it finished.

Wish I still had mine :( ....


Sorry mate - it's not for sale!

Mind you, it's not finished either.... after all this time... :oops: I've got shiny mudguards on it but need to do the bar tape and adjust everything and then find the time to ride it. But what a beautiful bike...


Hey best not to rush these things, sounds like you're nearly there though. Get those pics up once it's done!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group