Look KG243 TEAM........finally with pictures

Roeburndale

Dirt Disciple
Look KG 243 team in Columbus Neuron custom oversized tubing. Built by Billato in Italy for look in the mid 90's.
I bought this new in a Jan sale at st johns street cycles for the princley sum of £317.50 :cool: I originally built it with a Dura ace 9s groupset and rode it for a couple of years before putting it away when i wasn't riding a lot. I nearly sold it a couple of times, but new i'd regret it if i did.
Anyway i decided to build it up again, but now knowing its Italian heritage Campag was the only choise. I wanted to keep the bike looking "right" but with all the mod cons i like, so fitted a Athena 11s group with neutron wheels with amberwall Vittoria CS tyres, deda bars/stem and the original Fizik Pave i bought for the frame. Finishing touches were the Matching Campag white hoods and white Fizik perforated tape.
I imagine this must be a rare frame as i have never seen another on the road, and only a couple for sale in a while.

The headset has been changed to Campag record and the seatpost will be changed to Campag when i can find one, if not i will get a matching Deda one to the bars/stem

Here's a couple of pics of the frame and a link to more on Photobucket

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/peterhalligan/Look KG243/

Thanks for the nice comments, i will get some piccis taken tomorrow hopefully, and get them posted :D

I forgot to add that i've been riding a Focus alli cross bike, and was half expecting the Look to feel a bit flexible in comparison, i was suprised when it turned out to be just as stiff, but a lot more "alive" and the ride quality is superb :D

Roeburndale":2k6b9q2c said:
I forgot to add that i've been riding a Focus alli cross bike,

Focus cross bikes are (in my experience) very well designed and comfortable indeed - which is why I went out of my way to get Focus as a brand for my own shop. My 2005 Cross Team issue frame is very comfortable indeed so I'm not altogether suprised you are finding the Look steel frame to not be that different. I certainly found parallels with my Derosa which has a similar frame to your Look.

I think the liveliness you mention probably has more to do with the geometry and lighter tyres than anything else.

Very nice frame - catalog pictures never did them enough justice I can see.

awesome frame, such nice colours!
can't wait to see the completed bike pics...

Back