I am Titanium... 89 Merlin Titanium.

dancingjack

rBotM Winner
A rash decision led to another and soon, I had 2 of these beauties coming in at the same time. After having a Klein for awhile, I figured I'd rather have something which I can use as an everyday workhorse.

I have been looking for a Merlin Cielo but I've heard a lot about the joints and most importantly, the price of it!:shock:

What I will do effectively is to transfer majority of my parts from the Klein, over to one of these beauties. The rest, I've yet to decide. (Sorry to those retro purist!)

Anyway, enjoy!

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

The other one. :twisted:

IMG_8038.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8040.jpg
[/code]

That is quite a pair of work horses you've acquired!

Merlin do look lovely - such neat welds. I'm sure you'll enjoy building them up and riding them. Ti does, of course, stay looking nice and rides rather well, too. I have a ti bike (Colnago Ovalmaster) and am always surprised by how smooth the road feels when I'm on it.

How come you got a pair? Are they a matching pair - off the peg or custom? Was it buy one get one free? Will you keep one and sell the other or keep both?

Tell us more...

David

Thank you there! I almost landed myself with a Ovalmaster myself. But the temptation to own a Merlin took the better of me!

Had an OEM Ti bike years ago and didn't quite like it then. Probably due to the geometry? :roll: I then went back to aluminum, my all-time weapon of choice, then carbon and back to aluminum again before this came about.

They aren't matching a pair, neither are they custom, or a buy-one-get-one-free bargain. I bought the Merlin Titanium first and was pretty contended to be a proud owner of a Merlin. Two days later, the dude posted the Extralight for sale and it was a stab to my heart. I knew i needed the Extralight as it has been one of my dream bikes since I started Road Biking 8 years ago. Tried ways to convince the guy to let me have the Extralight instead of the Titanium but the guy didn't budge. Left with no choice, I took the leap and landed myself with two frames.

I'm already at the midst of building up the Extralight. There's no plans yet for the Titanium but chances are, I will let it go to someone else who will appreciate it more than I do. Plus, I need the money more than anything else as I have two Ti bikes building at the same time!

:twisted:

Cossington":2lflecmi said:
That is quite a pair of work horses you've acquired!

Merlin do look lovely - such neat welds. I'm sure you'll enjoy building them up and riding them. Ti does, of course, stay looking nice and rides rather well, too. I have a ti bike (Colnago Ovalmaster) and am always surprised by how smooth the road feels when I'm on it.

How come you got a pair? Are they a matching pair - off the peg or custom? Was it buy one get one free? Will you keep one and sell the other or keep both?

Tell us more...

David

oldmuthariley":13xda3z9 said:
what stylish frames!
i love the titanium stem too... what length is it? ;)

I'm not exactly sure. I recon it's a 110/120mm. Haven't had the time to measure the bikes up. :twisted:

Yup, you got it right there. But air freight for both of them across the ocean nearly resulted to me pawning myself. :LOL:

Johnson22":1cendi76 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERLIN-TITANIUM-ROAD-BIKE-FRAMESET-CARBON-FORK-TOM-KELLOGG-PRESSED-B-B-57CM-/380384884940?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item5890b4b8cc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERLIN-EXTRAL ... 519bd62646

These two? Bargain!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
After a quick check on the bill, i realized it was around 300-350 quids inclusive of the shipping and admin charges.

Back