Raleigh Team replica

little jim

Devout Dirtbag
Another skip find that I've just started restoring. It's a good thing it's too small for me though because I really like it.
Anyway, pictures:
(Apologies for the quality)

2laq7ig.jpg

28s7ssk.jpg

35bba1k.jpg

282kj7n.jpg

It's back to the bare frame now apart from one stuck pedal.
The plan for this is to take all the bits off, clean, re-grease and re-fit. The rear mech will probably have to be changed as well as the bottom bracket bearings, the tyres, the cables and the handlebar tape. Everything else is stock though.
Any idea of the age of this bike?
However old it is it hasn't been ridden much, the hubs still had the original grease in them and all bearing races are pretty much immaculate.
More pictures to come as the build progresses.

I look forward to seeing this old girl back in fine fettle. Old Raleigh stuff is well worth preserving in my view.

all looks very savable :)... sub'd to this and watching journey unfold :).. good luck with your quest bud

The saga continues:

The bike is back to the bare frame and I've started cleaning and re-fitting bits.

The freewheel has been taken apart, re-greased and put back together, I just need to put the cogs back on
t514c5.jpg

Before taking the back brake apart:
2iom5z.jpg

The brake in bits:
2rfpi06.jpg

The brake back together:
22yxqe.jpg

It's a bit of a shame I can't get this back to showroom condition but I'd have to replace half the bits because they're so rusty and it would end up costing far too much so I'm settling for a good clean and a light polish instead.
More updates to follow

day four of the quest:

Bare frame, cleaned and polished:
v6691f.jpg

Fork:
35ioxv5.jpg

Home made headset press:
6poysp.jpg

Handlebars:
qmxaaw.jpg

Weinmann brake levers:
v4pkic.jpg

Avocet saddle:
16lda9k.jpg

Nearly there

Replacement pedals:
so93zc.jpg

s2fct0.jpg

Front mech and chainset fitted:
4kfgwy.jpg

Rear mech fitted:
2l8d7hy.jpg

Rear wheel cleaned:
35k79ud.jpg

nwzz8p.jpg

Frame with mechs, brakes, handlebars and saddle fitted:
2i9kt4h.jpg

Jobs left: rebuild shifters, cable inners and outers, fit chain, fit tyres, handlebar tape.

Hopefully last update tomorrow.

Back