my latest purchase

Bastos87

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What do you think of the bike I bought today?

Value?
Colour of a new Saddle?/Handlebar tape?... levers...?

The parts are (mostly) campagnolo and shimano 600 tricolour

photostream

photostream

6307682518_b63b7e9529_z.jpg

6307159169_f2364e9ec7_z.jpg

there you go bud :)

nice machine :) although it seems to be of mixed years as far as parts go.. keep it as is :) and ride it :) with maybe a view to replacing the chainset with something more suited to its other 600 bits lol...

That looks like a Columbus sticker on the seat tube - what tubing does it say the frame's made from?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bastos87":3tw068fw said:
What do you think of the bike I bought today?

Nice :cool: Looks good.

On tape, seat and levers I would say that the Pelten tape and seat is nothing wrong with, but the yellow tone of the lever hoods is a bummer. I would try to source black ones or simply new levers.

Bastos87":2tpl2tzp said:
any ideas on the buildyear of the frame?
my guess is that it's mid to late 80's, like 1986/1987..
(after some research) http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/ ... s_main.htm

On tape, seat and levers I would say that the Pelten tape and seat is nothing wrong with, but the yellow tone of the lever hoods is a bummer. I would try to source black ones or simply new levers.

I have a spare set of black 90's shimano levers.. That I was thinking about putting on..The handlebar tape doesn't look good (anymore) in my opinion, so I'm changing it.. Was thinking about blue Deda tape, similar to the colour of the 'diamant' logo and the blue line in the tires.. Or white 'leather looking' tape and a matching white (italian) saddle

Last question: What would you guys pay for this bike? Frame looks very good (some minor scratches) and the bike has hutchinson kevlar profil tires that look like new.. Brakes, cranks, BB, seatpost, front derailleur are compagnolo; hubs and rear derailleur are shimano 600 tricolour
(parts all in very good condition)

Back